To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why?

Options
rbiowa
rbiowa
Community Member

Please explain to me the advantages of 1Password 8 over 7. Really don’t understand the need to change the UI. I dislike it so much, someone explain to me what I’m getting in 8 or I’m looking for another password manage after 10+ years….

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Jerr
    Jerr
    Community Member
    Options

Change can be difficult. I personally like it better.

• rbiowa
    rbiowa
    Community Member
    Options

What happened to Favorites?

• Jerr
    Jerr
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Favorites is in the iOS app. Click on your site in the app that you want to add, then click on the icon (three dots inside a circle) on the top right of the screen and select 'Add to Favorites'.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rbiowa - You didn't mention what platform(s) you're using 1Password 8 on, so it's a bit hard to say specifically, but I promise you: Favorites is still a thing! In 1Password 8 for Mac, it's over in the sidebar, with the familiar yellow star icon, up near the top. In 1Password 8 for iOS, you can find Favorites on the Home screen (and you can rearrange the order of things by scrolling to the bottom and tapping "Customize," then choosing how you want sections laid out on the Home screen). Other platform apps are similar. Let us know if you're still having trouble, and welcome to 1Password 8!

• rbiowa
    rbiowa
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I’m using Windows 11 and iOS. In the iOS sidebar I don’t see Favorites and when I click ‘Customize’, it’s not listed there.

• rbiowa
    rbiowa
    Community Member
    Options

What happened to Favorites?

• Hi @rbiowa:

Favorites are available in the Home tab in 1Password 8 for iOS, not the Items tab. If you customize your Home tab, do you have the Favorites section to add?

Let me know.

Jack

• rbiowa
    rbiowa
    Community Member
    Options

I see Favorites on my iPhone, not my iPad.

• rbiowa
    rbiowa
    Community Member
    Options

OK, deleted the 1Password 8 app and reinstalled on my iPad. Favorites is now appearing.

• Hi @rbiowa:

I'm glad to hear reinstalling 1Password 8 sorted things out. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.