When do you reimplement the function Type In Window in V8?

stuz1
stuz1
Community Member

We very often work with remotedesktop sessions, and there copy and paste is not working!
in past it was a great option to press type in window and the horrible long passwords was typed in Login mask as easy as possible.
I found another user request from 2021, there was the answer it will coming soon. :-(

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 64Bit
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:type in window missing

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2022

Hi @Stuz1,

Thanks for letting us know this is a dealbreaker for you. We do plan to bring this to 1Password 8 as soon as we can but we don't have a timeframe on this.

I've added your vote to our issue tracker. We'll follow up as soon as this is ready.

ref: IDEA-I-193

• bndt206
    bndt206
    Community Member

I just found´this out too, after 1Password suggested to upgrade to v8. This is a huge issue as copy/pasting isn't always an option and typing long complex pwd's on servers with different keyboard settings is a nightmare.
    I also noted that the password generator has been removed from the rightclick menu, also not good when there is a need to reset user passwords.

All in all 1Password 8 gets a :-( and "Not ready for Production" from me.

• Hi @bndt206, I'm sorry about the issues this has created for your workflow. I have passed on the feedback to our developers and we look forward to providing that Type in Window functionality for you as soon as possible.

• NecoNecoNyanNyan
    NecoNecoNyanNyan
    Community Member

Hello.
    I fervently desire the reimplementation of "Type In Window" feature.
    There are situations where I enter a password via remote desktop and do not want to leave the password on the clipboard.
    Also, some shitty sites have a password re-entry field that disallows pasting.
    The Quick Access box works in 90% of the latter situations, but it's not perfect.
    (It's not your fault -- There are some idiots who force users to enter their passwords twice manually at all costs)

• Hello @NecoNecoNyanNyan, your points here are well-taken. I have added a vote on your behalf for this feature, and passed your use case along to our developers as well. Thank you for sharing the specifics, and we'll look forward to bringing this to production!

• faubt
    faubt
    Community Member

I found another user request from 2021

Hey, that was probably mine! I'm glad I'm not the only sysadmin here. I reported on it during the beta. The replacement currently is dragging and dropping the elements from 1Password.

However, after over 7 months without Type in Windows, it is clearly the superior feature.

Drag and drop works fine locally, but when it comes to Remote Desktop windows, the full password does not make it to the remote system if the connection is not perfect. Type in Window was perfect because RDP windows can still receive keyboard input (to an extent). The method drag and drop is using doesn't seem to trigger the same behaviour in RDP.

• Hello @faubt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. When using RDP windows, we understand that type is window is the better solution here. This is on our roadmap, but still in the works. We are unable to share a time frame. Please keep an eye on our release notes for updates about features like this. We appreciate you patience!

ref: DEA-I-193

• bndt206
    bndt206
    Community Member

Glad to see that "Type In Window" is finally staring to make it into v8, please keep putting the good stuff from v7 into v8 :-)

• Hello @bndt206,

We appreciate the feedback! We're glad to have been able to get the type in window feature in our Beta. Continue to keep and eye on our 1Password Releases for future feature updates!😀

This discussion has been closed.