Sorting favorites alphabetically

jeffabcc
jeffabcc
Community Member

Why oh why did you remove the alphabetical sort for favorites? I have been using 1Password since V3 and it has always behaved this way. The new sort order makes no sense.

Comments

• ecpjr
    ecpjr
    Community Member

I agree! Should be simple to have sorting.

• ecpjr
    ecpjr
    Community Member

Also, sorting pins

• KudosT
    KudosT
    Community Member

Yes, weird to me it sorts alphabetically by vault. Doesn’t really make sense to sort alphabetically if it’s going to be all split up.

• bezanson
    bezanson
    Community Member

This really needs to be fixed. Either a preference or a Control or just leave it alphabetized.

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member

+1
    So many changes made for no reason. In what world does something as irrelevant as creation date make more sense than alphabetic?

Community Member
    edited August 2022

+1

And search results also of course.

Community Member

And no sorting also in “Last used”. Pls fix this.

• RalfSp
    RalfSp
    Community Member

I agree,
    It would be nice if the favourites and the tags could be sorted (alphaNumeric or manually).

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I’m still following comments about 1Password 8 and I’ve seen conflicting posts. Is there a separate tab for Favorites as there was in 7, or is there a way to have Favorites shown on the initial screen when the app is launched?

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member

Happily, I removed 1PW7 from my home screen but not my iPhone. When I saw the jumbled mess of Favorites, with no ability to re-alphebetize, i closed 1PW8 and put 1PW7 back on my home screen. I will continue to use 1PW7. Please fix 1PW8 by allowing alphabetical order.

• Hey all, the ability to sort the list of favorites on your Home screen will be in an upcoming release. I'm not sure which version yet, it will need to go through the beta cycle first. But rest assured, we hear you and we've built it. Thanks for your patience and your feedback 💜

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member

In fairness, who would’ve guessed that this whole “alphabet” concept would really catch on?

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

Also voting for the Alphabetic sort of Favourites - it's my most used feature several times a day.
    Right now it seems to be in creation order, and that is just not handy.

• Hi @SecretSquirrel, @khoi, and @sncooper 👋

The fix has been made to allow users to change the sort order of favorites (Alphabetical is one of the options 😀) . It likely needs to go through a beta cycle first so I don't know exactly in which release it'll arrive, but rest assured it's on the way.

I'm sorry for the frustration. I hope you'll understand that we do our best to make good decisions for our products without any analytics in our apps. Our goal is to protect your privacy, even if that means we guess wrong on a sort order sometimes. We can (and do) ask customers how they use our apps, but as a whole we don't know how our customers (for example) use their favorites and whether a particular sort-order would be beneficial.

This is why we love hearing feedback. Nobody is right all the time and we need your help to continue making 1Password the best it can be. 💜

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

Is there an update on when we will be able to sort favourites please?

Community Member

@sncooper
    I’m able to sort my favorites alphabetical. This feature was introduced a longer time ago. Or you mean individual sorting?

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

@2451 - Thanks for letting me know it has been fixed - I finally worked out how to get to the option.

For anyone else looking for the option - it is necessary to 'long press' on the 'Favourites' icon to bring up the menu to arrange alphabetically.

Community Member

Sorry for didn't point out the long press.

This discussion has been closed.