Keep item detail windows on top

TWFpa2Vs
TWFpa2Vs
Community Member

Noticed that the advanced option setting "Keep item detail windows on top" doesn't not have any effect no matter what the 1password window stays on top. This seems like a bug to me.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022

Hi @TWFpa2Vs, thanks for reporting this. I've passed the word on to our development team so we can look into this further - and we appreciate you letting us know about it! 🙏

ref: dev/core/core#13084

• TWFpa2Vs
    TWFpa2Vs
    Community Member

Thanks!

• We're always happy to have the feedback, @TWFpa2Vs. 🤝

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

Seems like the toggle is working for me. However I would like a way to more easily change this in daily use. When docking my laptop at work I want the windows always on top on my second monitor. But then when I undock it and bring it home, the window takes up too much space now that I'm on just the laptop display. So I wish I could easily toggle the behavior as I move between work and home.

I suggest a 📌button with hover text reading "Keep item detail window on top" to more easily toggle the pin behavior. Or the option could be added to a new ⋮ options menu button, along with "Open in 1Password" and "Edit" actions I suggested in https://1password.community/discussion/132555/open-in-1password-and-edit-buttons-on-popup-from-open-item-in-new-window

• ag_mike_d
    edited August 2022

Hello @nukmicah,

Thanks for your suggestions about a way to more easily toggle the Keep item detail window on top setting. With this specific use case when docked, and not, I can see where this would be helpful. While I can't make any promises, we're tracking this feature request with your suggestions noted for the Product team.

ref: IDEA-I-1658

This discussion has been closed.