1P8 how to search just one vault

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi,

I have just installed 1P8 (having used 1P1. ...it;s taking some time to get used to.

Where has my editable 'all' vaults gone?

One of the reasons I liked the vault methodology is that it splits up your account into separate groups. The search seems to be a permanent 'all accounts search' which I really don't want. Is there an option to just search a single vault or my (old) 'all vaults' or just my account as I used to be able to do?

This is super unintuitive to me compared to 1P7 so I hope it's just a case of learning how to do it (again).

thanks.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I can see that you can whilst in a vault. ...except that it doesn't;t work when you have 2 accounts, but with a 'personal' vault. Is this a bug?

...I cannot see a way to for my account only (I have access to my mum's) which is driving me nuts right now.

I still cannot find where my 'all vaults' has gone.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, getting there. I can select just my account at the very top.

Just the 'all vaults' to go - I suspect they have been replaced by 'collections'. Looking that up now...

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

got it. Collections it is. Very clever actually.

• Hey @JamesHenderson:

Glad to see you caught on to collections. Collections are like All Vaults, but you can make more than one set. For example, I have a Daily Driver collection containing my Personal vault from my own account, my Private vault from my 1Password work account, and a Test vault I use as well. I also have a separate collection containing just that Test vault.

If you'd like to search the vault you currently have selected on the sidebar, press ⌘+F to search in just that vault.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.