1Password 6.8.9 on second MacBook Pro "Read Only"/ Sign in issues? or?

Options
pusher7
pusher7
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've been using 1Password 6.8.9 for years on a 2017 MacBook Pro as a standalone with a dropbox file as my primary vault. I purchased it through Apple Apps. I've recently bought a new 2021 MacBook Pro and I will be using both my old and new. I have loaded 1Password 6.8.9 on my new MacBook, using my Apple Apps account and installed Rosetta. It's worked so far as a "read only". I can see all my passwords, secure notes, etc., but as I say, "read only". I'm stuck now trying to sign into my account. I believe I have my "email address" correct, my "Secret Key", and my "Master Password", but I'm not sure what to put in the "Sign In Address". I need help! My purchase was and is for personal use only and said I could use this on as many devices as I wish. Is the "Sign In Address" directing the program where to go, as in the dropbox file? Please help!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Monterey
Browser:_ NA?

Comments

• pusher7
    pusher7
    Community Member
    Options

Additionally, I have my "onepassword-liscense" but don't know how or where to use it or apply it. There is a red "Read Only" wording in the dropdown of the upper bar menu, but when I click on it, it only brings up a pop-up window that says purchase now, that does absolutely nothing and takes you no-where.

• Hi @pusher7:

While you're absolutely entitled to use a standalone license of 1Password for as long as you can, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date. 1Password 6 for Mac last received an update more than 4 years ago. I see that you've recently reached out to us via email as well, and one of my colleagues has sent you an email. Check your email inbox for an subject line containing [#BTU-96648-933], as continuing the conversation there would be best. Thanks!

Jack

ref: BTU-96648-933

• pusher7
    pusher7
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

(I replied to email [#BTU-96648-933], with same)

Well, I guess I'll upgrade. Please read on and help me.

I've been using 1Password 6.8.9 for years on a 2017 MacBook Pro as a standalone with a dropbox file as my primary vault. It worked well with my browser and on my iPhone and iPad. I purchased it through Apple Apps.

I've recently bought a new 2021 MacBook Pro, same Apple ID, and tried loading the same 6.8.9 version but had problems, being it was "read only" and I couldn't get my license to work. Jack P. suggested for safety I upgrade. And being that I'm having so much trouble trying to get 6.8.9 to work on my new laptop, I guess I'll upgrade after all.

I've got two MacBook Pro laptops, both mine, both personal, both using the same Apple ID, and both will be set up to use the same vault. I also have an iPad and iPhone. All are mine, all personal, all are my Apple ID.

Can I subscribe to "Personal" and will that do it for me, and work across all my devices?

I found "Migrate your standalone vaults from 1Password 6 for Mac to a 1Password account" in your support articles and plan to follow those instructions. If there is anything else I need to know or consider, please can you tell me?

Phil

• Hi @pusher7:

I just wanted to follow up and see how everything went. Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.