To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

transition from individual to family and simultaneously 7 to 8 has got me hopelessly confused!

Options
FlamencoTom7
FlamencoTom7
Community Member

I just upgraded from individual to family membership so my wife can also use 1password (just the 2 of us in family). But I'm getting really confused, and to make matters more complicated I also seem to be caught in an upgrade to 1password 8 while not even understanding 7! I was once pretty adept at using mac/ipad/iphone but I'm over 80 and I think need some guidance! I don't even understand vaults. Do I need one for my wife and one for me, or does family membership need one for both of us?

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:transition from individual to family and also 7 to 8 has got me hopelessly confused!

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @FlamencoTom7 !

I understand your confusion.

First, a family account makes sence if you and your wife want to have different vaults for each of you. If your wife should not see and use your account logins this would be a good way. But if both of you want to use the same logins or better said, if you both are fine with seeing the login entries of the other one, then the individual account would be the one to go. You could use this individual account on all your devices and on all devices from your wife. You only need to use the credentials you selected when creating your individual account.

Also you could create more than one vaults if you like to. That means you could create a vault for you and another one for your wife to separate the login entries visualy. But if you both want to use only one vault to save your logins it's no problem.

Second, you should give 1Password Support a try. There you can find a lot of help articles to dive into the apps and get to know them.
    Get started with 1Password

I hope it helps a bit. If you have more questions just ask and we're here to help. 😉

• FlamencoTom7
    FlamencoTom7
    Community Member
    Options

That's good advice, thanks!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're very welcome! 👍

• Hi @FlamencoTom7:

I'm glad to hear @DenalB's advice was helpful. Were you and your wife able to get started with 1Password? Let me know, and I'll be happy to help further. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.