1pw 8 for IOS does not auto fill passwords in Safari or apps

Options
garyaustin
garyaustin
Community Member

I set up 8 on 2 desktop macs with no problem. But IOS 8 does not auto fill passwords when I click in the password (or ID) box. Or show me suggestions. I have to open 1PW separately to get the info and fill in manually. I went through all instructions carefully, several times and restarted everything but it just won’t work. (7 worked fine) yes, I did the manage extensions and always allow things. But when I click in a password or username box, nothing happens.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1pw 8 for IOS does not auto fill passwords in Safari or apps

Comments

• Hi @garyaustin:

As a quick first check, is 1Password enabled in AutoFill settings? Open the Settings app on your phone, then choose Passwords > AutoFill Passwords. Ensure that 1Password is enabled there. If it is enabled, tap it once to disable, and tap it again to re-enable it.

Let me know if that fixes things for you, or if you're still having trouble.

Jack

• garyaustin
    garyaustin
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, Jack —

Thank you! That worked! It was disabled. On my phone and iPad. Was that settling in the instructions somewhere and I just missed it? In, any case, best tech help ever!

• Hi @garyaustin:

You're very welcome! I believe enabling AutoFill for 1Password 8 was mentioned in the setup steps, as well as mentioned here: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

In any case, feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.