Couple of issues with 1Password 8 on Android

alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

Hi, I have installed the new 1Password 8 app on my Samsung G22+ and it looks good. However, I have a couple of issues with it that I can't see a solution for.

The main one is that on the new "Home" screen, my favourites are not in alphabetical order, and unlike in the main vault, I can't see a way of getting them in alphabetical order, so it makes it hard to find stuff.

The other issue, which is a small one but confused me a lot when setting it up, is that it says face login when it is referring to the fingerprint reader. It said this when setting it up so at first I ignored it as I didn't want to use face ID, but went back to it when I couldn't find the fingerprint option, only to find that it meant the fingerprint option. Now it says "Unlock with Face" above "Use fingerprint" when unlocking. A small thing but a little confusing nonetheless.

Alex

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5 (Monterey)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Not sure if this has just slipped through, but if someone can advise on this I'd be grateful. Thanks.

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Am I posting in the wrong place? Can someone please tell me where I can get some support on these issues please, or does my subscription not cover support?

• Hello @alexmidd, apologies for the delay in response. Our inflow with the mobile launch has been significant. Any issues can be sent to our email support or posted here on the forum. Searching in the forum can often be helpful as there may be solutions or responses to similar issues already posted. Bumping a thread can cause it to be addressed less quickly as it resets the timer. Again, I apologize for the wait.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the alphabetic sorting of Favorites. This is definitely something we see the benefit of and while I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, it is something we would like to add in the future. I believe I've added your +1 for this already, so thanks again for letting us know how important it is to you!

With version 8.9.1, if a device has a facial scanner, the wording for Biometric unlock will default to Face unlock even if Face unlock is not on or available with 1Password on the device. As you mentioned, in this version, if you have a fingerprint registered, tapping Face unlock on will enable fingerprint unlock in 1Password 8 for Android.

This has been resolved in version 8.9.2. We are very sorry for any trouble this issue caused. If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to ask!

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Hi Timothy. Thanks for your reply.

• Thanks for sticking with us alexmidd. Your input is very much appreciated here!

This discussion has been closed.