2 copies of 1password. v7 and v8.

khing
khing
Community Member

Good day,

Saw a notice in my v7 1pw app. Updated to v8. Now I got 2 copies of 1pw. Will there be any problem if I keep them both? i still prefer v7 interface or say gotten really used to. v8 is a bit trying but I will leave it for now. Will v7 still be supported with security patches since I still prefer using v7. Will keeping v8 on the phone have any issue? Thank you.

B.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @khing, thanks for your question!

1Password 7 and 8 can be installed along side each other without issue. The one area where it's possible to get turned around is with Autofill and Accessibility filling. Only one Autofill service can be selected at a time but Accessibility filling from 1Password 7 can stay on independently. If left on, you may see situations where 1Password 8's Autofill and 1Password 7's Accessibility filling appear at the same time. You can turn Accessibility filling off from Settings > Autofill in 1Password 7 for Android.

1Password 8 is the way forward: with it's general access release, our development efforts will be focused there. We are not planning to release frequent updates for 1Password 7 for Android.

Thanks again!

• nfzambrano
    nfzambrano
    Community Member

Where can I download 1Password 7 for Android? 8 doesn't work well on my computer and I want to reinstall 7 but I can't find where to download it.

• Hello @nfzambrano, I'm sorry to hear 1Password 8 for Android isn't working well on your computer. Would that be a Chromebook? If so, could you tell us a little more about the issues there?

You can download 1Password 7 for Android with the Google Play account that was used to install it previously:
    1. Open Google Play Store on your device.
    1. Tap the account icon in the search bar and select the account used to install 1Password 7.
    1. From the same menu, tap Manage apps and device.
    1. Tap Manage.
    1. Tap the Installed drop down.
    1. Tap Not Installed.
    1. Search for and select 1Password.
    1. Tap Install.

This discussion has been closed.