1Password 8 won't open on OS X 15.6. That is true of the browser and the app.

Options
dmbulfer
dmbulfer
Community Member

In the browser, I get a pop-up that says "Open 1Password" but nothing happens. I can start the stand-alone app, but I never get a window showing my passwords. I can select "Preferences" and it opens a preferences window. There is no way to open a window showing passwords. I am running 8.80 on OS X 12.5 and Safari 15.6.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 won't open

Comments

• @dmbulfer

It sounds like you are hung between states. Like something updated and perhaps it needs to be cleared. I would suggest updating to macOS 12.5.1 and this will also restart the device which may clear any log jams.

• chrisbunch
    chrisbunch
    Community Member
    Options

I also have an issue since latest Mac OS 12.5 update with Safari 15.6. If I do anything in Safari it brings 1P to the front (even if hidden) and activates it. If I want 1P to enter data into fields I have to first click the 1P icon in Safari's toolbar and then get a 1P login window requesting my master password (even though the main app is open and logged in, and with no watch authentication option). This is so disruptive I have had to remove the 1P browser extension altogether. Mac restart no help.

MacBook Pro 16in M1; OS 12.5 (no further update available) Safari 15.6 (17613.3.9.1.5); 1Password 8.8.0 (80800203); browser extension 2.3.7.

This discussion has been closed.