can we default to TPM company wide?

Options

dear 1 pw team,

i would find it usefull since we can use tpm in version 8+ on windows now that we default to use tpm.
is there a central setting for this?
is there a disadvantage in using tpm?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member
    Options

by the way THANNNNNKKKKKKKYOU for version 8 MSI package.
    we are rolling now.

• Hi Christian_XYZR,

is there a central setting for this?

Currently, we only officially support MDM settings for 1Password 7 for Mac, iOS, and Android. My understanding is our team is looking into introducing some form of MDM configuration to the newer 1Password 8 apps as well. I'll go ahead and pass on your request here.

is there a disadvantage in using tpm?

TPM is largely a convenience feature that makes it that much faster to unlock 1Password and access your data upon quitting the app or doing a system restart. If you're comfortable having 1Password delegate the responsibility of authentication to Windows Hello, I personally cannot think of any downside here. More on that here

by the way THANNNNNKKKKKKKYOU for version 8 MSI package.

I know our development team worked hard to get this released, and I'm sure they'll be happy to hear your feedback. 🎉

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_max,

theoretically you could also drive down settings within the app / central services (at least the defaults applied and not locally overwritten)
    enforcements should always be part of MDM / desktop software distribution plattforms.
    i am speaking mainly about windows 10 / 11 plattform.

• HI @Christian_XYZR,

I'll add your comments to our feature requests for MDM support in 1Password for Windows.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• eingfoan
    eingfoan
    Community Member
    Options

Bringing down meaningfull defaults by central policy would also make sense for me.
    (I would not like to force them down but use them as default)

• Thanks for adding your voice to this, @eingfoan.

ref: IDEA-I-1653

This discussion has been closed.