Search problems - searching within the archive and sorting my search results

Options
Don Dinnerville
Don Dinnerville
Community Member

When I do a search for one of my clients in my vault, I might have 20+ items show up. But there's no option to sort those search results.

Also, if I go to the Archive to look for something, it appears as those any search I do will be for the entire vault, not that folder. And it's unclear if searching the entire vault includes the Archive folder or not.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search sort

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hey @Don Dinnerville, thanks for reaching out. 1Password for Windows has the option to sort items in a vault/collection/account. However, it's not currently possible to sort the "Show all matching items" search results. We currently have an internal feature request to add this option. While I can't make any promises, I've added your voice to this request to help highlight user interest.

Items in the Archive folder will not appear in search results. We do also have an internal feature request to add the ability to search the Archive folder. I've gone ahead and added your comment there as well.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-929
    ref: IDEA-I-1258

• ChuckEllenb
    ChuckEllenb
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my voice to this as well. I do like a lot of the options you folks have given us however it seems every time you create an update or create the program from scratch (again) we lose options that we used to have or the program changes so much we have to spend hours trying to get what we already had back or figure out a way around what you've done to allow us to use our data again.

This sort used to be automatic. And like other people on here some of our customers that we have passwords for in the system have 20 or 30 or more devices we need the passwords for. It is very difficult to find some of the things we need. We've created the titles to sort for us like it did in the old program. When you title something ie: SonicWall and you then have to look through 30 things that have nothing to do with the SonicWall just to find what you want it's very inconvenient. I keep over looking things i'm search for because they used to be grouped together and EASY to find with the way we've been titling things.

For a great program the updates sometimes stink. We just got back some of the things we used to have. Took years for it to be put back into to the program. I understand that sometimes you don't think people are using features so who cares if they go away, well trust me things were being used. NOW I have to go back and put tags on things again. It worked great the way it was, then basically taken away and now it's back however we quit adding them because there was no reason to. NOW I have a lot more work to put them back in.

I'll stop now. I started using this program when you folks first started, went out on a limb with my company to purchase the current programs and now I'm really reconsidering why?

• Hi @ChuckEllenb,

Thanks for your feedback about the search functionality. I'm sorry that this has interrupted your work flow. We're interested in learning from our customers where to best make improvements and this type of feedback is greatly appreciated.

As requested, I've added your voice to the feature were currently tracking. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns.

ref: IDEA-I-1258

This discussion has been closed.