export/import Instructions

bensieg
bensieg
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Business and Teams

I have a Teams Plan and want to export logins for a client of mine that I have talked into buying 1Password. That client bought the Personal, cheapest plan. I want to export his logins for his website and social media accounts so that he can import them into his 1Password. Can this be done with the accounts we have, AND how do you do it? He is on a PC and I'm on a Macbook Pro.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export/import

Comments

• Hi @bensieg,

Using the 1Password desktop apps you can export data in a couple different formats. It's worth noting that exported data files are not encrypted and are stored in plaintext. Anyone with access to these exported data files will be able to read the contents. In 1Password 8 exporting currently contains the full contents of every vault where you have the proper permissions. In 1Password 7 for Mac and Windows, you can export specific items.

For a far easier option, if your friend is not already part of your team account, you could temporarily invite him as a guest and share a vault with them. In that vault you can move items they wish to maintain. From there, he could add both accounts to the 1Password desktop on his PC and move or copy the contents to a vault in his new account.

If you don't need to transfer too many items, you could also make use of the Password Secure Sharing Tool to individually share these items with your friend.

I hope this helps but let me know if I'm misunderstanding what you'd like to accomplish, and we'll regroup from there. 👍

This discussion has been closed.