Issues with 1Password 8 on Android

alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

Hi, I have installed the new 1Password 8 app on my Samsung G22+ and it looks good. However, I have a couple of issues with it that I can't see a solution for.

The main one is that on the new "Home" screen, my favourites are not in alphabetical order, and unlike in the main vault, I can't see a way of getting them in alphabetical order, so it makes it hard to find stuff.

The other issue, which is a small one but confused me a lot when setting it up, is that it says face login when it is referring to the fingerprint reader. It said this when setting it up so at first I ignored it as I didn't want to use face ID, but went back to it when I couldn't find the fingerprint option, only to find that it meant the fingerprint option. Now it says "Unlock with Face" above "Use fingerprint" when unlocking. A small thing but a little confusing nonetheless.

Alex

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5 (Monterey)
Browser:_ Not Provided

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @alexmidd, thanks for your questions!

Favorites are currently sorted from most recently to least recently favorited. I definitely see the benefit of sorting these alphabetically or providing a range of sort options. I've gone ahead and shared this request to the team.

With version 8.9.1, if a device has a facial scanner, the wording for Biometric unlock will default to Face unlock even if Face unlock is not on or available with 1Password on the device. If you have a fingerprint registered, tapping Face unlock on will enable fingerprint unlock in 1Password 8 for Android. The wording has been corrected in version 8.9.2.

Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1542

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

Hi thanks for your reply. That clears things up.

Yes, sorting alphabetically enables me to find entries, whereas time-based sorting does not as I cannot remember when entries were added. Glad to see this will be looked at, thanks.

• Happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.