feature request: Search inside the currently open item

Options
MStyle
MStyle
Community Member

I have many 1Password Secure Notes, and other types of items, that contain several pages of text. I often need to find a specific word or sentence within an item. Using the current search box in 1Password Windows only shows me which items have the text I’m looking for, but not the text's exact location inside the item.

It would be great to have a second “internal” search box, for searches specifically inside the currently opened item (Secure Note, Login, etc.) Visually the "internal" search box could be located e.g. next to (to the left of) the Edit button.

As things are now, I use the following workaround: copy the entire contents of an item to Notepad++, then search and sometimes edit there, then copy the edited text back to 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Browser:_ Firefox 103.0.2 64-bit

Comments

• Hello @MStyle,

Thanks for your message and that you'd like a way to better search for and locate text in a given item's notes field.

Since you've mentioned that the current search only locates items that contain the text you're looking for, I wanted to build on this idea and have previously submitted some thoughts to the product team based on another customer's idea where searching text would also highlight the text searched for, making it easier to locate from the selected item.

I can't make any promises about when or if these types of features may be implemented, but I've included a vote on your behalf, as well as within another feature request we're tracking to include a way search a specific item. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

ref: IDEA-I-1516
    ref: IDEA-I-1393

This discussion has been closed.