1password pop-up overlay not appearing when entering credentials(Brave browser?) (Android)

Options
Zhiandra
Zhiandra
Community Member

Title!

1password used to prompt me whenever I would tap on a field to enter login credentials in Brave, however this function seems to be broken after upgrading to v8.9.2. I checked to see if there was a browser plugin that I needed to download, but it's been so long since I've had to troubleshoot 1PW that I don't even know if I need one.

I've done the basics of force quitting all apps, restarting my phone, and rifling through the settings of 1PW, Brave, and my phone notification settings to make sure nothing is blocking the app from coming up. Nothing super obvious anyways, there's a good chance I missed something. I've also tested signing in somewhere using the default Samsung browser, and got nothing. I'm starting to question if this is just restricted to web browsers, or system wide. I'm suspicious of the latter.

I'm spitballing at this point, anyone have any ideas as to what I could try?

Comments

• Zhiandra
    Zhiandra
    Community Member
    Options

Might have found a fix! Apparently after upgrading and deleting my old 1PW app, it deselected it as the default password management app under my keyboard settings. Stands to reason that would be the case, I'm just glad I found it. I'll leave this here in case anyone else has the same issue!

• Hello @Zhiandra, thanks for letting us know about this issue and that you've found the solution!

1Password 7 and 8 for Android are separate apps, so when you start using 1Password 8 it will need to be set as the Autofill service on your device. Apologies for any confusion there. Let us know if you're still running into any issues!

This discussion has been closed.