Disable inline menu in Safari Extension

Options
Kristaps
Kristaps
Community Member
edited March 2022 in iOS

At some point 1Password on iOS got updated to remove the "Share To" menu action for quickly autofilling fields where Safari's autofill (which is my primary choice) didn't trigger. It got replaced with a full Safari extension which I don't really have a problem with, it works for me just as well.

However, there is now an inline menu that shows up for all login forms, duplicating Safari functionality and interfering visually.

On desktop, there's a helpful setting in 1Password app to disable showing the inline menu.

But there isn't one on iOS. Please add the same setting to the Safari extension, I really do not want the inline menu since I'm primarily using Safari's own autofill. Now it's a choice between not having on-demand 1Password autofill at all, or having it with an inline menu that I absolutely don't want.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.3.1

Comments

• Hi @Kristaps:

Thanks for asking! As you noticed, there currently isn't an option to disable the inline menu here, and I've added your thoughts to our internal issue on the subject. In the meantime, if you tap the 1Password icon in the field, that will close the inline menu. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9970

• zaph0d
    zaph0d
    Community Member
    Options

+100 for this. The inline menu almost always covers the login button and is infuriating. I want to summon 1P when I need it but it should stay out of the way otherwise. Especially if it has no password to offer.

• @zaph0d

I'm sorry for the frustration and thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to our developers. 🙂

• keni8em
    keni8em
    Community Member
    Options

My wife has asked me to remove 1password from her iPhone, iPad and computers because of this same reason. Maybe the UIX in-line display logic could be reversed. Instead of tapping the 1password icon in the field to close the inline menu, users would have to tap to icon to reveal the inline menu. That way the in-line menu display is user preference not default preference.

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll add my +1 to this thread. The in-line menu has no place in the iOS or iPadOS versions of the app.

This discussion has been closed.