Unable to install Version 8 on Windows - Exeption Breakpoint has been reached

SMS23
SMS23
Community Member

Downloaded the latest version to install but it fails. Receive the msg The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application location 0x00007FF68292080 Click on OK to terminate

I am stuck as I can not get into my old version and new won't install. Help is appreciated

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited August 2022

Hello @SMS23,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering with the installation of 1Password 8.

Can you send a zipped copy of the 1Password logs via email to support+forums@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums:
    1. In the Windows search bar copy and paste the following and press enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\logs\
    2. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
    3. Then, attach that zip file to your email.

If you could also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

Additionally, you mentioned you can't get in to the old version of 1Password. When you reply with the email can you provide some details about the troubles you are having there? Thank you!

• SMS23
    SMS23
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I was able to download version 7 and re-install successfully. I will try to reproduce the version 8 install issue in the coming days and send logs but right now - I'm back working and don't want to mess with it :-)

• Thanks @SMS23, I'm happy to hear you're up and running with version 7 again!

If the issues with the 1Password 8 install were recent, we store 14 days worth of logs in the folder mentioned. If can send us an email with those logs attached we'd be happy to take a look. Thanks again!

• jdallen72
    jdallen72
    Community Member

Any solution to this? I have tried a couple of times to install 1Password 8 on my Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 and I get the same error.

• @jdallen72 If you can send in the installer logs by following Mike's instructions above, we can take a look and give you individual help by email. :)

• SherlogHummus
    SherlogHummus
    Community Member

I too, am facing the same issue (Exception Breakpoint) and would appreciate your help with this as I heavily depend on 1Password with my workflows. I removed 1Password from my PC and attempted to re-install the application. During the first try it give me the error message "1Password was unable to complete the installation and will roll back any changes.". During the second attempt I receive the same error message that I ran into prior to removing 1Password "A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF774258710. I will send you the log files separately via email as instructed above. Thank you in advance for your help with this.

• @SherlogHummus – thanks for getting in touch. Because you've already emailed us, we'll continue the conversation over there, particularly since you mentioned sending us logs. :)

• TNdmc
    TNdmc
    Community Member

@GreyM1P hey having the same problems on my machine. I will email my logs per the instructions above.

• ag_mike_d
    edited January 2023

Hello @TNdmc,

Thanks for your message. I've found your email and will be in touch shortly and continue the conversation from there.

ref: YNG-52937-723

• MatiasR1
    MatiasR1
    Community Member

Hello
    I'm unable to use the App on the windows PC since this morning, an "Application error, The exception braking point, A breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003) occurred in the application location 0x00007FF751511DCC."

I'm sending an email via contact support, I have gather the logs that @ag_mike_d requested above for someone else, I will attached the link of the chat as well. Thank you and hope to get help soon.

• Thanks for your reply, @MatiasR1. I see your email and someone from the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

ref: SHK-92564-227

• cswaz
    cswaz
    Community Member

One of our users is reporting an Application Error. "The Exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF661AA7F50. Click on OK to terminate the program"

• Hello @cswaz,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles your user is experiencing with this breakpoint error.

This is a know issue that the team is continuing to look into. We've had some luck and if possible I'd like to ask you to try the latest Nightly version of 1Password 8 for Windows, Use 1Password beta releases. For step 3, click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Nightly, instead of Beta.
    * Updates will be installed automatically when “Install updates automatically” is turned on.

Whether the Nightly version works or not, I'd like to ask if you could send an email over with some trace logs from 1Password via email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com:
    1. Make sure 1Password 8 is completely closed by right-clicking the icon in your system tray > Quit.
    2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type CMD and hit Enter.
    3. In the Command Prompt window that opens, type or copy the following, and hit Enter: start 1password --log trace
    4. 1Password will attempt to launch.
    5. The command prompt window will have generated some logs. Copy and paste those logs in to Notepad, then save and attach those logs to the email.

Also include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#16275

This discussion has been closed.