No Drag'n'Drop for file attachments anymore?

Options
electricarts
electricarts
Community Member

I was shocked to discover that I can no longer drag'n'drop attached files. Is this functionality coming back?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @electricarts, thank you for raising this issue. We have an open feature request for this with our developers, and I'm happy to add a vote on your behalf for this feature. I'd personally love to see this implemented too. πŸ‘

Thanks for the feedback, and we'll be sure to provide updates here in the forums when we have any news to share on this.

ref: dev/core/core#9465

• wills11
    wills11
    Community Member
    Options

Second thisβ€”I used to routinely drag-and-drop a pdf receipt and activation number for an app from DEVONthink to a 1Password Software License, for example.

I was confused after the update, because it started saving the file as a document, not an attachment to the Software License. While adding documents (and linking them to other items) is a nice added feature, I wish you hadn't simultaneously disabled the old attachment function.

Now I have to select "More –> Attach file" while editing the Software License, and then locate the file somewhere within the DEVONthink database's folder structure.

Why was this discontinued?

Thanks!

Wm

• Hi @wills11:

Thanks for your feedback. I've added your thoughts to the internal discussion item Peter mentioned above.

Jack

• shemphill
    shemphill
    Community Member
    Options

YES!! I also miss this feature TREMENDOUSLY! I save software purchase emails with the Software Licenses, and having to create a PDF just so I can then attach it is so VERY frustrating! Please bring back the drag and drop ability from Mail to 1P.

Thanks!
    SH

• Hi @shemphill, thank you for letting us know. We've added a vote on your behalf and appreciate the feedback.

ref: dev/core/core#9465

• bbeck500
    bbeck500
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely a must have! I missed this feature from the previous version of 1Password. Why do developers always take away great functional features. Grrrrrr

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

It's really sad that such a basic workflow is missing. I more and more get the impresseion that a former mac friendly development team was replaced by one that either hates macOS or has actually never used macOS.

• bbeck500
    bbeck500
    Community Member
    Options

πŸ‘

• Hi folks, I'm happy to add additional votes on your behalf, and have now done so for everyone who wasn't previously part of the vote tally. Thanks for the feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-1406

• pillarboxcottage
    pillarboxcottage
    Community Member
    Options

I absolutely would like this feature to be brought back. I have no idea why it would have been removed. It used to be so simple to attach receipts for software to licences, for example. I feel I'm wading through treacle now ... :-( .

• bbeck500
    bbeck500
    Community Member
    Options

Honestly, I just went back to version 7. Ver 7 just works. I can edit my icons, attach files everything that version 8 can't. I've been with 1Password for quite a few years but Ver 8 is a dumpster fire

• I'm sorry to learn that it has had this effect on your workflow, @pillarboxcottage. I'm happy to add a vote for that feature on your behalf, and have done so. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, this is an issue for me too. It's really frustrating when these features we use routinely are removed.

• Hi @wavesound,

I've added a proxy vote on your behalf to the tracker Peter mentioned. I'm sorry to hear it's impacting your workflow, we'll continue doing our best to advocate for the changes you need. πŸ‘πŸ»

This discussion has been closed.