Caution Tape

Options
statto1927
statto1927
Community Member

Sigh.....

If it wasn't for all the other posts here, I'd be beginning to think it was just me.

1P8 has updated on my iMac to 8.9.4, but now has the caution tape on the taskbar icon despite Preferences saying this is the Production version. See attached screenshot.

And yes, I have quit and restarted 1P, and yes I have quit and restarted the Mac.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and another thing with this update.

When I restarted my Mac, 1P7 wanted to open despite the fact it's archived following 1P8 installation.

• @sstatto1927

An app is not able to open when archived. It might be that you have an errant copy somewhere else. Do you have backup drives that are mounted? This is likely the cause. Most likely one of those backup copies was triggered. Look in your login items on the Mac? Do you see 1Password 7 listed. If so, please remove it.

As to the beta icon if you've been on the beta you will continue to receive beta updates until a new production release is issued.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy

I found a version of 1P7 with a 1P7 archive file on my Dropbox, so have now deleted the app file (not the archive).

Re the beta icon, I was on Production version previously - and have been for a couple of months…….

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

If you open your applications folder does the icon appear correctly? I wonder if macOS is not updating the dock icon when switching the release channels. Did it show correctly at any time?

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again @ag_tommy

No, it’s showing with the caution tape in the Applications folder too.

(Incidentally, one of your colleagues called it “caution tape icon” in another thread, whilst you called it the “beta icon”. Different terminology can easily confuse people, especially me (!)).

I’ve been on Production version for several weeks - I was briefly on the nightly version whilst someone from support was trying to resolve another issue I have (CTRL+/ not working), which remains unresolved.

I did switch to nightly the other day just to check something unrelated, but switched back straight away - literally within two minutes to Production. To be perfectly honest I can’t recall whether the caution tape icon has been there since that point. I don’t think so, because it didn’t change at the time.

• Well, both would be almost right. Sorry for the confusion. The beta and nightly both show this caution tape strip on the application icon.

I did switch to nightly the other day just to check something unrelated, but switched back straight away - literally within two minutes to Production.

This would be the reason. When you move to a beta or nightly you cannot immediately go back to to a production version even after changing the selection. The best course of action would likely be to remain on that channel until a new stable (production) is released. With you already having that selection (production) at this stage all you would need to do is wait on the next release.

This discussion has been closed.