1pw7 alongside 1pw8

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,
I want to install 1pw8 asap alongside 1pw7
Later I will get rid of 1pw7
How to do that : sign out from 1pw7 and then uninstall the app in IOS.
I heard ( in this forum) there were troubles signing out.
How importtant is it to sign out before uninstalling 1p7?
Please let me know

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Update: in the meantime I succesfully installed 1pw8 on the same device.
    I am juist one click a way from logging out 1pw7 before deleting 1pw7.
    Is logging out from 1pw7 needed or not. Or will it cause problems to 1pw8 on same device?
    I read that some members of the community cannot even logout/signout.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member
    Options

I would think that if you have a cloud subscription this is not a concern. If you have a standalone then you need to migrate data, the announcement post in this forum discussed this. Does your data appear in the 1pw8 application in full? Do you have a subscription?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Do not have a standalone so have nothing to do with migrating data. I have a subscription and all my data is now on 1pw7 and 1pw8. I received a mail like many others saying :” Once you’ve verified that all your data is in your 1Password account, it’s safe to delete 1Password 7. ” Question is wheter logging our is needed before deleting 1p7. Some menbers in the community say it was not even possible to sign off / log out.

• dodger51
    dodger51
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to 8…transferred my info from 7 to 8 and everything seemed ok with transfer so I deleted 7. Now when I try to use for logging in to sites it the password info is still linked to 7 and I can’t reinstall it…how do I get the app to recognize 8 now?

• Hi @F_9083x:

If everything is in 1Password 8 as expected, you should be all set to remove 1Password 7. You don't need to sign out before removing the app.

@dodger51:

Have you enabled 1Password in AutoFill settings? Open the Settings app on your device, then choose Passwords > AutoFill Passwords, and make sure 1Password is selected.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Jack

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

Jack,

I'm on a subscription model. What happens if I keep both 1Password 7 and 8 on my iPhone? Any issues or potential problems?

I don't want to lose the v7 Apple Watch app, but would like to 'try out' v8. Thanks.

Bernie

• @bernieo

You can certainly keep 1Password 7 installed alongside 1Password 8 on your iPhone. To prevent any issues, I recommend that you disable 1Password 7 for Password AutoFill and enable 1Password 8 instead:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Make sure that only 1Password 8 is selected (1Password 8 has a slightly darker icon than 1Password 7).

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed 1Password v8 alongside v7, and your instructions worked well. Thank you.

So far, v8 is working fine. I like the new sorting options with v8 too, and it does seem a little more modern. Switching between 'last updated' and 'alphabetical' is also nice to have. Some of the new features like 'reveal password' are not intuitive (long press on password field). However, thanks to this forum, they have already been discussed and resolved.

• @bernieo

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running and that you're liking the new features in 1Password 8. Thank you for your feedback as well, I'll pass it along to the team. 😊

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1555

This discussion has been closed.