GrapheneOS Android and broswer not autofilling

Options
alby6969
alby6969
Community Member

I have Graphene OS on pixel 6, and I have Brave, Bromite, and Vanadium browsers. I cannot get the auto fill to work on any of them. I can use the split screen drag method.

Is there anything I can do to get them to auto fill like they do on my PC?

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Graphene OS - Android
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• Hello @alby6969, thanks for joining us on the forum!

Of the browsers you mentioned, Brave has Autofill compatibility and is supported with 1Password for Android so lets focus there. First, you can open 1Password for Android and tap Settings > Autofill then confirm that Autofill is on and 1Password is set as the Autofill service. Next you can open Brave, navigate to a website and tap a login field. Do you see a prompt from 1Password on the suggestion strip of your keyboard? Does refreshing the page and tapping the field cause the prompt to appear?

If not, open Settings > Autofill again and tap Show filling suggestions off. Next you can return to a website in Brave and tap the login field again. Any change in behavior? If not, let us know which keyboard and website you're using along with which version of Brave is installed. Thanks again!

• alby6969
    alby6969
    Community Member
    Options

No joy with Brave, latest versions. I think my privacy based OS and Keyboard (both Graphene OS) might be causing conflicts.

I installed Firefox, and have had success with the auto fill for most sites. On a few banking apps it can be a little buggy, but for the most part I can get it to work with Graphene OS and Graphene OS Keyboard. I get identical results with Open Board keyboard as well

I am happy with the compromise using Graphene OS, with a fairly functional password manager, and not having to use any google based products or keyboards :)

• Hi @alby6969

I run LineageOS with no Google Play Services (another privacy focused OS) on one of my devices and I experience the same issue you have mentioned with Brave, so your suggestion that your privacy based OS (Graphene OS) may be causing conflicts sounds like it may be correct.

I've been testing some other Chromium based browsers and while it may not provide some of the features that Brave does, a fork of Chromium called Bromite does appear to support autofill for devices that are using privacy focused OS. If you do decide to give Bromite a try, you can enable autofill in its settings by following the steps below:

1. Open Bromite
    2. Tap the three dots in the top right
    3. Tap Settings
    4. Tap Passwords
    5. Toggle the "Enable native Android autofill" to On.
This discussion has been closed.