Email fields

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member

How do email fields work? I thought if you tapped on an email field, it should open your mail app and populate the email address. Instead it just copies to the clipboard like a text field. Seems it should work different, more like a phone field.

Comments

• Hello @Macorin,

Thanks for your message. Tapping the email field in 1Password 8 copies the email address as you have mentioned. Tapping a phone field also copies the phone number, but a long press will present a menu with entry to Call. We appreciate the suggestion that it should open the mail app. While I can't make any promises, I'll pass this feature request along to the team for consideration. We appreciate the feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-1696

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Once I started reading your response, I realized the solution to my own question- you have to long tap the field to see the option to see the email option. I’m really just looking for consistency throughout the app. That said, I don’t like the long tap feature, but could in time get used to it I suppose. I think I’d prefer a short tap to provide options, including copy, call (if applicable), send email (if applicable) reveal, reveal in large type. One single action to provide all the options, instead of two different kinds of actions to provide all the options.

1Password looks nice on the surface, but in many ways works far less efficiently than version 7. The search function took a big step backwards for instance. I really hope to see some improvements based on user feedback.

This discussion has been closed.