where is "create a password" gone on P8?

Options
manxman
manxman
Community Member

Where is "create a password" gone on P8?

PS as I just logged in, why can't you fill in the details of my password version below?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 8
OS Version: mac

Comments

• Leszek
    Leszek
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@manxman

Click the blue box at the top of the screen and select Password. Is that what you are looking for?

• nicopra
    nicopra
    Community Member
    Options

In 1Password 7, there was a very useful option to create a new password and copy it right in the menu bar icon menu.
    It's now much more complicated and time consuming (open the software, click on "New item", click on "Password", click in the password field, select "Create a New Password", click on "Use", select and copy it)
    Please, please, bring back that option in the menu bar.

• ddougan
    ddougan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 - I've been using 1P for over 10 years and the loss of this feature is painful. Please bring it back. The "New Item" mechanism is clunky at best.

• Hi @manxman, @sveltemimemansion, @Leszek, @nicopra, and @ddougan,

Appreciate the feedback here. Tracking for this is ongoing and I've added a proxy vote on behalf of each of you. Besides generating a password in a new item, the 1Password 8 browser extensions will offer suggested passwords when making new accounts or changing passwords in the browser. An independent password generator is also available within the browser extensions:

I do see how having one in Quick Access or the 1Password 8 app would also be useful though so, while I can't make any promises, we are continuing to advocate for this. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-298

• manxman
    manxman
    Community Member
    Options

Bloody system - I clicked your email link, I typed a long response message, and it says I have to log in first, after I loged in the Message is gone.

I'd like the create password gen button on the left side list of the Main apps, as it covers all the the other functions.
    I can't upload a screen (Mac firefox). I use pass gen for pdf/word docs and zip folders. Regards kevin (manxman)

• manxman
    manxman
    Community Member
    Options

Bloody system - I clicked your email link, I typed a long response message, and it says I have to log in first, after that the Message is gone.

I'd like the create password gen button on the left side list of the Main apps, as it covers all the the other functions.
    I can't upload a screen (Mac firefox). I use pass gen for pdf/word docs and zip folders. Regards kevin (manxman)

This discussion has been closed.