I saved the 1password suggestions for passwords, but now none of my accounts let me log in, bad pass

Options
parristim
parristim
Community Member

I downloaded the 1password desktop, went thru all of my accounts and saved the suggested 1password passwords, now I am locked out of all of my accounts. All say bad password, and Im not sure I remember the old ones. What am I missing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ brave
Referrer: forum-search:I saved all of the 1password suggested passwords to my accounts, now, I cant log in to anything

Comments

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

If I'm interpreting your issue correctly this is a quirk of the UI (been around for a long time). The suggested passwords show up under passwords and are not saved as fillable logins. You need to "convert to login" and add the username details.

• parristim
    parristim
    Community Member
    Options

I've decided instead to cancel. I literally changed the password manually on one site to the suggested 1password, saved it to my personal vault and logged in successfully, so far so good. Logged out, tried to log in again, bad password. Anything this annoying is not worth my support.

• Hello @parristim,

Thanks for your message and using the 1Password desktop app. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering when updating passwords. It sounds like you may not have saved your suggested password on the website itself for the login where the changes were made.

Our guide - Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords, includes steps for both the apps and 1Password in the browser, our extension. Give this a try and let us know if these steps help.

If you're having troubles with the correct password, previous versions of your passwords can be found by selecting the down arrow in the password field > View password history.

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We'll be here to help!

This discussion has been closed.