Problem With First Install - Doesn't Time Out If No iCloud Or Dropbox Data

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 2012 in iOS
A friend asked me for help to set the new app up today. I assumed he was syncing with Dropbox but in fact he wasn't. The app didn't time out when it couldn't find data in either iCloud or Dropbox. Restarting the app caused it to never stop trying to sync with iCloud. I then had to turn off iCloud Documents & Data on the iPhone to get it to try dropbox. That never seemed to finish either. I didn't have time to try reproducing the issue but thought I should mention it.

Comments

• Thank you, Penelope!

We are looking at this issue now.
  • I had that problem to. From the Dropbox web, I removed the authorization for 1Password. Then I deleted the 1Password app form my phone and downloaded it again. When I opened it again, it tried sycing, then crashed. When I opened it again, I could import data from the previous version of 1Password that I had installed, and now it works.

I hope that helps you somehow…

And I don't know if it's related, but I can't sync to Dropbox. There's a red badge with a "!" in it (which doesn't give any specific information or anything when tapping it).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Kyze! This should be resolved in the current beta build. Can you let me know if you are still having trouble?

If so, can you try rebuilding your data file in 1Password for Mac?
This discussion has been closed.