Moving to 1Password 7 from 6 - not accepting agilekeychain backup file

I have a five year old MacBook Pro and I have been using 1Password 6 for a long time, syncing to the iphone app with Dropbox. Yesterday I finally decided to install the new operating system (Monterey) just so the computer would stop asking me. After doing that though, 1Password crashed every time I tried to input my master password. So I looked it up online and I saw that 1Password 6 is no longer being supported and that if I wanted the newest version I should now try to migrate from my "vault" to an "account". I tried to follow the instructions on the 1Password website for how to do this and the way I understood it is that the way to do this is to go by steps, installing 1Password 7 first, before going to 8. So I downloaded 1Password 7. Then I opened it and it asked me how I wanted to sync my data. Here is where I am having a problem: I have a file in Dropbox that is used to sync with the phone app and I also have a bunch of backup files stored in the Library. But 1Password 7 wants a file that ends with .opvault and I don't have any files like that, as far as I can see. My files have "agilekeychain" in the name, but 1Password 7 doesn't want those. So what should I do? I hope I can get some suggestions and thank you in advance for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.1

Comments

• Hi @eleonora:

Thanks for reaching out about this! The best thing for you to do would be to reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com, and our dedicated migrations team can help you move all of your items into your 1Password account. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and make sure your message has gotten in front of the right people.

Jack

• eleonora
    eleonora
    Community Member

Thank you, it's been a while but I finally got around to sending the email. The code I got from the support bot is [#JVC-48632-287] Should I post the whole message here?

Eleonora

• Hi @eleonora:

Just the Support ID is fine. I was able to locate your message and see that it's gotten to the right place. We'll be in touch with you soon via email, so keep an eye out! 😀

Jack

ref: JVC-48632-287

• eleonora
    eleonora
    Community Member

Thanks!

• You're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.