Opening 1Password via Watch on 8.8 fails. I can see a box appear for ~half-a-second then vanishes

Options
doddme
doddme
Community Member

Open 1Password 8.8x
Click the watch image
expected result, I can double tap my Apple Watch to unlock 1Password (this used to work on 7.x)
actual result, a small box appears for 1/2 second and vanishes again.
What I tried - clicking on the Watch icon again with same result - small window appears then vanishes
After a couple or 3 times of this it does not show the watch icon.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ NA
Referrer: forum-search:Watch fails to unlock 1Password App on Mac

Comments

• doddme
    doddme
    Community Member
    Options

This happens when opening the app itself directly. Not through a browser using an extension.

• Hi @doddme,

Sorry to hear Apple Watch unlock isn't behaving as expected. I'd like to ask you to try the following steps:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch")
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Uncheck "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Check "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac")
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password (1Password > Preferences > Security > Check "Apple Watch")

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions and we can troubleshoot further from there. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.