1PW8 PIN Code

wavesound
wavesound
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

Can we bring the PIN Code back for unlocking 1PW? We're not allowed to use Face ID in our organization so entering our entire password at each login/session timeout is not feasible.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you, @wavesound. I've passed your vote on to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1222

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

@rob Appreciate the acknowledgement. Allowing more than 4 characters/digits would be great too. The single failure lockout was a great feature.

• Zimnaan
    Zimnaan
    Community Member

Agreed. I’m switching back to 1PW7 until 1PW8 gets a PIN code feature. How hard is it to carry over a feature in 1PW7 to 1PW8 - especially an important security feature such as a PIN code? Come on AgileBits.

• arychj
    arychj
    Community Member

I agree, this was a silly decision. FaceID isn't allowed in many places, and those of us with strong master passwords don't appreciate having to type it in a dozen times per day. The entire point of 1password is that it's supposed to make security more convenient, not less.

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

+1 for PIN code option, please require it to be at least 6 numbers.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

I'll also add my +1 for this feature making its way into 1P 8.

• NormD65
    NormD65
    Community Member

Please bring back PIN Unlock feature. It is one of the reasons I selected 1Password as an app. I prefer to not use Biometrics on my Phone. I switched back to v7

• PauHeitmann
    PauHeitmann
    Community Member

Completely agree. In my case I can't use FaceID because it simply stopped working. A PIN option is essential for me, otherwise I can't use it and will consider switching. Is there any notion of if or when it might happen? Thank you

• DavidW78
    DavidW78
    Community Member

Agree on returning PIN functionality. Please.

• tnetennba
    tnetennba
    Community Member

Reinstate PIN unlock please, I wear substantial PPE for work that makes FaceID completely redundant, it's incredibly inconvenient to have to keep entering my strong password each and every time I need to get into 1Password. Back to v7 in the meantime unfortunately.

• Tharg
    Tharg
    Community Member

Yes please, +1 for pin code access on IOS and Android for v8

• Klarence
    Klarence
    Community Member

+1

• Dekyras
    Dekyras
    Community Member

+1

• I've added everyone's votes to the feature request. Thank you for the feedback! 😊

-Dave

• FaeTheWolf
    FaeTheWolf
    Community Member

As with many others in this thread, I have had to revert to v7 until this feature is brought forward. I am not comfortable using (notoriously insecure) biometrics, and my master password is hard to type on my tiny phone keyboard.

Give us PIN entry!

• cristamd
    cristamd
    Community Member

I agree, going back to version 7 until 8 supports pin codes.

• passwordoz
    passwordoz
    Community Member

I also vote to retain pin code system ……in 1Password 8…why would you drop that feature?

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

+1, cannot use 1Password 8 on my iPhone without a PIN code. Preferably 6-digit.

• thosch66
    thosch66
    Community Member

Same here. I switch back to Version 7 until the PIN code is back.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

Thanks folks I've got all new requests added.

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member

Good Evening.

I have used 1Password for about a decade, ..however today I have had to revert to an old version (7) on iOS. My wife who uses neither TouchID or FaceID on her iOS devices complained that she can no longer use a PIN code to open 1Password...I use biometrics and thought perhaps i missed a setting. But I looked and and there is no way to set a PIN code in 1Password 8.

Will this feature be re-introduced?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• allie777
    allie777
    Community Member

Yes I want the pin code too. I don't use biometrics.

• Hello @cruise2001! 👋

As mentioned in the thread that you linked to, 1Password 8 does not currently support PIN code unlock. Was there any particular reason why your wife isn't using Touch ID or Face ID to unlock 1Password on her iPhone/iPad? If there are any security concerns then we've outlined the security processes that we've implemented here:

That being said, we do have a feature request open to bring back PIN code unlock and I've added your comments there so that our product team is aware that this is something you'd like to see. 😊

-Dave

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member

I want the Face ID of iOS back. If Face ID fails then Passcode! Like in 1PW7.

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member

I don’t want anyone having the ability to grab my phone and hold it up to my face to unlock all of my logins and passwords. Face ID is only secure if you’re alone. As a security professional, I want the additional factor of something I know that you don’t.

• OhnO
    OhnO
    Community Member

PLEASE BRING IT BACK OMFG
    I am also reverting back to v7. I do not use biometrics due to security concerns.

Having. to. enter. my. long. complicated. password. for. 1PW. every. single. time. on. my. little. iPhone. keypad. is. way. way. way. more. painful. than. reading. this. sentence. Dropping. this. feature. in. v8. was. a. mistake.

• zoam
    zoam
    Community Member

My face id isn't working because of water damage.
    How can I downgrade to 1password 7?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • prime
    prime
    Community Member

Yes, bring the PIN. My mom, for some reason the Touch ID will not work for her, so she uses a PIN. She has to stay in 1P7 because of this reason.

This discussion has been closed.