Documentation of differences between 1PW7 & 1PW8?

Options
WestW
WestW
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

After 10+ years of using 1PW, I've never experienced so many differences of features and behaviors between 1PW versions. It's almost as if 1PW8 should have been given a different brand as so many things act differently and in some cases with unexpected results. I'm trying to stick with 1PW8 but find it annoying to learn all the differences on-the-fly.

Some examples:

• Linkages between 1PW8 and 1PW for Safari aren't clear. "Settings" in 1PW for Safari is a new feature....
  • 1PW8 saves passwords BEFORE being validated by the website
  • Clearing browsing history in Safari now resets 1PW for Safari settings (including where new items are saved and "default" vaults) whereas the old extension did not do this. No notification is given when settings are changed which could result in new items being saved in the wrong vault
  • 1PW8 uses "collections" for selecting which vaults to use whereas 1PW for Browser is independent and uses "Settings" to select specific vaults (previously the browser extension mirrored the 1PW7 app)

Frankly, I'm frustrated with the responses like "that is the way it was designed to work" when differences are called out between 1PW7 and 1PW8. I'm a loyal 1PW user and have recommended it to many as the "best-in-class" password manager. Disappointed I can no longer do so until 1PW8 bugs get ironed out.

Standard practice would be to document the differences rather than have end users discover the differences and spend time on the community forum trying to relearn 1PW8. Does such a document exist?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.80
Extension Version: 2.37
OS Version: mac OS 12.5
Browser:_ Safari, Firefox, Chrome

Comments

• BillD
    BillD
    Community Member
    Options

Totally agree. The differences between app and browser make the software seem beta. 1Password people: please add collections to browser extension (syncing with app choice) and add default vault to save logins to the app.

This discussion has been closed.