Please continue support for Apple Watch tag in IOS v8 and going forward.

Disappointed that support for the AW was dropped in v8 for IOS.

I've back-levelled to v7 to restore the functionality.

I posted a support ticket (before I joined this forum) and was asked to provide details on how I use the AW integration in my workflow. This feedback was to be provided to the developers for review.

What? You take away functionality and then have the gall to ask how I used this functionality. Uh, because it's helpful. You have the code-base in v7, what is the technical hurdle to keep it in for new releases.

Ticket number: #SJG-52137-859
Advisor's name: Alvin L. (Seems to be a nice chap!)

1P is a great product. I'm about to renew for the 4th year. I've "pimped" it out repeatedly to friends, family and co-workers. In fact, my last gig as a telephone support advisor for Apple, I often found customer issues that would be remedied by the inclusion of a password manager. I ALWAYS recommended 1P.

So how do I use it in regards to the AW?

• I can access my 1P secrets (including TOTP's) when I don't have my phone nearby.
  • I use it for common reference data as a convenience, rather than opening the client app on my device.
  • It's a fail-safe method should any of my non-wrist attached devices go missing and/or are damaged and can't be used.

So, regardless of what some pointy-headed wonk in Marketing, Sales, Accounting or any other Dilbertesque manager says, please continue to support the AW functionality in all IOS clients going forward.

Respectfully,
Captain Underpants (a.k.a. Tim Alexander)

** Isn't my avatar picture just darling. He's my grandson and is prone to spontaneous, humorous outbreaks like this picture.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0, IOS v7
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7 (Stuck here for life.)
Browser:_ Safari 15.6

Comments

• Hi @CaptainUnderpants:

We’re actively working on an Apple Watch app and we’re very excited about it. We weren’t able to get it in the initial launch but it is coming soon. 🤗 Until then you can run 1Password 7 alongside v8 to use the Watch app in that version.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.