[MAC] Search returning substring matches rather than exact

Options

I have email addresses at my company's domain with different tld suffixes e.g.

name@mycompany.com
name@mycompany.co.uk
name@mycompany.uk
name@mycompany.net

If I search for name@mycompany.com in the main 1Password app, instead of just returning results that match that specific email address, it also shows me items that have the name part, or the mycompany part or the .com part. It seems to be splitting the email address into sub-strings and then returning anything that matches any of those sub-strings, which results in a lot of matches, none of which are what I'm looking for.

How do I get 1Password 8 to only return exact matches?

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500105 NIGHTLY)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Search in 1PW8 is barely usable compared to 1PW7 and all previous versions. All fields one can search are split by special characters or case. Only those words are found. It doesn’t even support real substring search. In your case searching for company without ‚my‘ won‘t work either. Support knows about it. Answer: this might change in a future update… but now we have much better Unicode support…

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hey folks,

It doesn't look like it is possible to restrict the search to exact matches at this point. Sorry about that. I'm going to put in a request for that ability.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#10405

• KiwiGraham
    KiwiGraham
    Community Member
    Options

Plus 1 here on needing a proper search function that has an “exact match” method.

This discussion has been closed.