...Windows Security 'Making Sure It's You" - Blocking Access to 1PW

Options
ethan417
ethan417
Community Member

Hi
I recently reinstalled WIN10.
When I Click on the 1PW Extension in FireFox, Win Security opens a window that says Making Sure It's You.
Once I sign in - it automatically Unlocks 1PW.
I know this must be a simple fix.
I've attached a PIC.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: WIN10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @ethan417,

What you're seeing here is intended behaviour with the Windows Security/Windows Hello unlock screen when clicking on the 1Password in the browser icon in Firefox. This is due to app integration and shared lock state between the app and the browser.

If you prefer to use 1Password in the browser in a standalone manner and unlock it separately with your account password, you can follow the below steps:
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General heading, disable Integrate with 1Password app.

Please note that doing so will disable the ability to unlock 1Password in the browser with Windows Hello and your account password will be required each time you close and re-open your browser window.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know!

• gsd0919
    gsd0919
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I got the same Windows Security pop-up, but I can't even enter a PIN. The cursor doesn't allow any input. Fortunately, the pop-up window goes away after two clicks on X. Version 2.3.7. Win10. Chrome.

• Hello @gsd0919,

I'm sorry to hear your having some issues with Windows Hello.

Are you attempting to sign in to 1Password in the browser in the same manner, by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's taskbar? The Windows Hello/Windows security pop-up is intended behaviour if you have that option enabled. However, the fact that have been unable to enter your PIN, is not at all expected.

Do you have any other forms of biometric unlock for Windows Hello setup, such as Face or fingerprint? Are you able to select More choices and use an alternate method:

If you continue to have issues, does disabling Windows Hello in 1Password 8, rebooting your device and then re-enabling help at all?

Please let us know how this goes, but if you have further questions, we'll be here to help!

• gsd0919
    gsd0919
    Community Member
    Options

I got the same Windows Security pop-up, but I can't even enter a PIN. The cursor doesn't allow any input. Fortunately, the pop-up windows goes away after two clicks on X. Version 2.3.7. Win10. Chrome.

I see now that Windows Hello isn't set up on my computer, so PIN doesn't work.

• Hello again @gsd0919,

Thanks for letting us know that Windows Hello isn't setup on your device. If you're not using and not planning on using Windows Hello on your device, you can follow the steps in our guide to disable this option in 1Password 8 and prevent the Windows Security pop-up from appearing in the future.

If you'd like to look further into this and learn more, I'll include some useful guides below:

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.