1Password 8 often hangs on Windows 11

Options
fatso83
fatso83
Community Member

I recently upgraded my work computer to Windows 11. This worked fine with 1P7, as with Win 10. Short thereafter I downloaded 1Password 8. My work life has been much more miserable since. It seems that the trio of Edge, 1P8 and Microsoft Password are not the best of friends: quite often Edge is hanging after invoking the password fill dialogue (Ctrl-Shift-X), the CPU goes through the roof and Microsoft Password and 1P8 does their best in spending all the cpu cores they can find. Windows Hello is often seen in the near past when things go South as well.

Is this known behavior?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hello @fatso83,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been encountering and this affecting your work life. While we've see a few reports like this in the past, I don't recall anything recently with this high CPU usage.

Can you please provide some additional details via email to support+forum@1Password.com so we can help to investigate?

Please do not post these details in the forums.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, will do (in the course of a week).

• Hi @fatso83,

Thanks, we'll be looking forward to your response and follow up once we see your email. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.