ghandzo
ghandzo
Community Member

On Password 8, Mac, Open and Fill- Open works but Fill does not

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 12.5.1
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:on 1Password 8, Safari, Open and Fill, Open works but Fill does not

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@ghandzo

You indicated Safari is in use. Did you download and install ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store? It's the companion app to the desktop. Please open it at least once and follow the directions being sure to all it access to all sites. We need that permission to read (save details), write (fill details) on your behalf.

• wkneppers
    wkneppers
    Community Member

Hi, I can confirm this doesn't work. If you use the "Open & fill in" button on top, it won't. If you use the "Open & fill in" next to the URL of the item, it works. Doesn't matter if I use private tabs or normal tabs.

• Hi @wkneppers,

Sorry to hear the issue persists. Could I confirm where you're clicking Open & fill when you mention the "button on top"? Likewise, when you mention clicking it beside the website of an item, is this in the 1Password 8 Mac app or from the browser extension? If it helps to share a screenshot feel free to include one, just be mindful to obscure any private information!

This discussion has been closed.