Can't See All Vaults

Options
WA Dan
WA Dan
Community Member

In 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 I'm now only seeing my main vault and not other vaults. On my iPhone I can see all 4 vaults, but on my MacBook Pro my main vault and the other vaults don't show so I can't switch to one of them. It was working before (I'm not sure if there was an upgrade since it stopped working).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:completely close 1password

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@WA Dan

Have you clicked on the top of the left side bar to be sure you are not in a Collection with a single vault?

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure. If I click where I think you're suggesting, I see my name, then below it says "Create a Collection" then below that "Manage Accounts", though if I click on Create a Collection I see my name and my 4 vaults under that. So if I am in a collection, which I don't recall ever creating, how do I switch into the individual vaults?

• tomgruber
    tomgruber
    Community Member
    Options

After upgrading to 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 (80800203), I also noticed that the All Vaults feature has been removed. I have several vaults that I don't normally want to search, so use the All Vaults feature to limit search to the view of active vaults. Now on Mac there is no choice between searching 1 vault and searching every vault, which includes all those other vaults that I have access to but don't represent my active set.

Please tell us that this is just an oversight and 1password didn't intentionally drop the feature. There is no mention of this in the release notes.

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I wouldn’t be surprised if this feature had been removed on purpose, with Collections as the suggested workaround. Which would be fine if there weren’t such disparity between Collections and All Vaults, Always Open To, Default Vault for Saving.

So many steps backward.

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think the work around is to create a collection for each individual vault, a collection for all vaults, and a collection for any other combination you might want to use. That's potentially useful, but it sure would have been nice if they explained it better.

• Hi @WA Dan, @tomgruber, @mburnett,

To clarify, the dropdown menu in the top left of 1Password 8 on Mac is where you can select the account or collection you'd like to view. Collections can be used to group chosen vaults together, so they can be viewed and searched exclusively: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

When you're looking at all accounts or an account with multiple vaults, you can also find your vaults further down that left side menu, and if you'd like to search within that vault, you can hit + F after clicking it. This will add a filter to the search bar at the top of the app and you can continue typing your search term.

Here's a screenshot with these elements labelled:

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

And thanks for jumping in, @MrC! ❤️

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks. I think the confusing part was that one used to choose the vaults from the top, but now it's much farther down.

• NGSorre
    NGSorre
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @andrew.l_1P and everyone here

I'm having a problem and I try to explain it clearly.

On my Mac, I wasn't able to update my existing 1P to the version 8 so I had to install it from scratch.

Once opened, I can find my Personal vault but not the vault I've been using for years and that is synchronised on Dropbox.

Honestly I'm a bit lost: it seems that the option of opening vaults different than the one synchronised with 1P is not there anymore.
    I hope I'm wrong

• @WA Dan,

Happy to help! If you'd like to bring vault a bit higher on the list, there's an option to hide the Categories section of the left side menu:

We're also actively tracking feedback about having an option to reorder that menu. I'll add a proxy vote on your behalf!

ref: IDEA-I-1079

@NGSorre,

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community and thanks for upgrading to 1Password 8 for Mac! While it's true that we are no longer selling standalone licenses for 1Password, you can migrate your data to a 1Password account: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

I'll also attach a blog post from one of our founders on the topic in case you want any additional insight on the topic: Why We Love 1Password Memberships

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.