Can't export single vaults, just the whole account

Options

I'm using Mac 8.7.0 and referring to this support article: https://support.1password.com/export/

I don't see an option to _"Select the vault you want to export." _
I only can export the whole account (with all my vaults in it).
Is this feature not yet available in beta?

1Password Version: Mac 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: mac OS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hi @taigaj, thank you for this question. 👋 I'm happy to assist.

That support article refers to 1Password 7 for Mac, since version 8 is still in Beta.

In 1Password 8 for Mac, export is currently done by account, rather than by vault. I hope that clarifies the discrepancy with the instructions you mentioned.

And if it's important to you to be able to export by vault in 1Password 8, feel free to let me know and I'll make sure to raise this with our developers. We appreciate your feedback!

• taigaj
    taigaj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank @PeterG_1P for your quick reply. Yes indeed, I would prefer to export by vault in v8. Thanks!

• Thanks for letting us know that you'd find value in this feature, @taigaj. Consider it filed!

ref: IDEA-I-777

• spoondogger
    spoondogger
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on being able to export by vault.

I have a work related vault and a personal vault. I now need to export the work vault to give to the new boss who just bought my company.

So downgrading back to 1Password 7 on Mac in order to do this. Hopefully.

Would also be good to simply select specific items and export those. Pretty sure I was able to do that back in 1Password 7.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@spoondogger

I can see how this would be valuable to your workflow. I'll get your comments over to the team.

Are both of you using 1Password? Why not share a vault as needed? That could hopefully eliminate the need for unencrypted exports.

They might be interested in one of the business offerings. Or a trial can be setup. They could share a vault with you. You could deposit the items into the vault and they can revoke access if needed. You will have transferred them safely and securely. If they keep using 1Password great, and if not, the trial will be frozen at the end. Something to consider.

ref: IDEA-I-777

This discussion has been closed.