Crashes until update to 7.9.832

finwe
finwe
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am experiencing crashes since my 1Password was updated to the last version (7.9.832). Primarily when working with mini app through Firefox classic extension.

I'm guessing those are crashes - tray icon duplicates when the app is restarted and disappears on mouseover. Also, the version remains the same.

I have the diagnostic report ready to send as soon as I receive the issue ident.

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @finwe, I'm sorry to hear about the crashing you've been experiencing with 1Password for Windows 7.9.832.

Thanks for preparing a diagnostics report ahead of time. Can you please send this via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate?

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

OK, thanks, just sent.

• Thanks @finwe, we'll be in touch shortly.

ref: EJD-78837-242

• CrashDDL
    CrashDDL
    Community Member

I have experienced the same thing. Constant crashes, several a day. Never once before this update.
    I have sent the diagnostics report to the email address.
    I hope you guys can fix this soon...

• Hi @CrashDDL:

It looks like we've recently replied to your email as well.

Jack

ref: BYM-17351-312

• Juiceof2limes
    Juiceof2limes
    Community Member

I am also seeing this but mainly on first run of the app not subsequent restarts after a crash. Saving or amending an entry causes the crash for me. The update to item appears to save ok before crashing. However once I restart the app, take the same actions it remains stable. Couldn't see anything obvious in the logs as to why it crashed.

• Hello @Juiceof2limes,

Sorry for the delayed response. If you haven't already, could you also send along a 1Password diagnostics report to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to look into this? As mentioned before, please do not share these details in the forums.

As always, if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle, this will help us when we see your email in our inbox. Thanks!

• jeff1203
    jeff1203
    Community Member

I've been getting crashes as well. Sent a diagnostic report to the email.

Still on Windows 10 and I've only ever noticed it crash when I had the main window open. And usually that crash would occur right after I generate a new password for a new site and the 1Password Chrome extension shows the "save/update password" dialog. There have been times where it crashed in the background but never noticed and had to start up 1password manually but I have no idea what caused those cases and it happened very infrequently and not sure if it was from the current latest version.

• Hi @jeff1203, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there 😄

ref: SAT-59977-582

• odupuy
    odupuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

I have repeating crashes as well starting with this same update.

Versions all verified
    1Password Version: 7.9.832
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 64b
    Browser:_ Chrome 64b latest

In the cases of a sudden crash (prompted for my password w/o reason), the top level 1Password.exe process in the process hierarchy gets a new PID, a proof that it restarted. Note that the 1Password process ID under Chrome in the process hierarchy does not seem to change.

(you can see the process hierarchy with the process monitor from MS sysinternals, taskinfo or other.)

The crash will happen for no specific reason. I try to get a password in the browser, I try to add one, sometime multiple times in a row!!! In some cases, I believe that the main icon of 1P in the quick launch (I pinned it) shows it as not running anymore.

I see in the diagnostic logs plenty of these errors corresponding to the time of a crash.

39032 2022-09-09 13:59:30 301395.469sERR opw_app::nmh:294 > failed app->browser pump opw-ipc\src\lib.rs:478 GetOverlappedResult (error code 109: The pipe has been ended.)
    39400 2022-09-09 13:59:33 0.000s INFO opw_app::app:205 > starting unlock role C:\Users\\AppData\Local\1Password\app\7\1Password.exe v7.9.832
    39400 2022-09-09 13:59:35 0.099s INFO opw_network::proxy:127 > loaded AutoDetect proxy - address: true, username: false, password: false

I will send you the diagnostic report by email.

This has been buggy for a long while, a fix would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• @odupuy

I'm sorry for the late reply. Were you able to get in touch with our team over email? If you weren't then let me know if you received a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.