1Password 8 crash on Samsung galaxy note 8 plus

Options
atonidas
atonidas
Community Member

I recently switched from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 on my Samsung galaxy note 8 plus

Since the change, 1Password 8 crashed every time after login in with the biometric fingerprint.

I removed the app, rebooted my smartphone, and reinstalled the app. And it worked for 1-2 days and the same crashing happened for no specific reason.

Please help me 😢

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9, One UI version 1.0
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• pem
    pem
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same behaviour on Samsung Galaxy S8 with 1password 8.9.2

• Hello @atonidas, @pem, I'm sorry to hear 1Password 8 is crashing on your device!

I suspect this crash is related to a bug we've identified with version 80902003 specifically on Android 9 devices. The development team has marked this as a high priority issue and is already testing a fix internally. This should be available in upcoming beta and production releases.

If a different version of 1Password or Android is installed on your device, let us know which along with any additional details about the crash.

• lookinup
    lookinup
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue with Samsung Galaxy S8. Crashes When trying to login.

• Hi @lookinup, @pem, @atonidas.

A fix for this crash has been released today with version 8.9.3. You can check the Google Play Store for any 1Password updates as it rolls out to all users. After updating let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.