no list of search results; problem in 1PW v8 production release channel

Options
fsantiago0704482
fsantiago0704482
Community Member

searching for any term against my vault used to present me a list of relevant items containing the term. now, in version 8, all i get is the 1st item that matches against my query and the rest of my vault's contents. pretty useless if you ask me. please restore the old search functionality. i was afraid of version 8 as the beta was not very promising and now my fears are being realized.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: no extension in this case / using your desktop app
OS Version: mac os 12.5.1
Browser:_ desktop app / no browser in this case

Comments

• fsantiago0704482
    fsantiago0704482
    Community Member
    Options

i would like to apologize and close this ticket. i just realized i was mis-using your app. i now see the option when searching at the bottom to " - show all matching items". and this seems to work as i recall. sorry. no issue here for me.

• Hi @fsantiago0704482,

No apologies necessary, I'm glad to hear you found a feature that works for you! If it helps, the +Return keyboard shortcut will also show you all matching search results. We have an open feature request for the option to make this version of search the default, so I'll add you to that since it seems that was your original expectation.

I appreciate you sharing your experience here, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-289

• fsantiago0704482
    fsantiago0704482
    Community Member
    Options

That’s all. Thanks for the shortcut and for adding me; yes, that as the default is preferred.

• Appreciate the confirmation, @fsantiago0704482!

We'll do our best to advocate on your behalf. 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.