Search usability on IP8 iPad is a mess

Options
hcschaef
hcschaef
Community Member

Hey,

I installed today IP8 on my iPad and I am super frustrated by the usability.

I have a lot of stuff in IP and my process was the following: Open IP7 and directly search the stuff I was looking for. I never go by the categories because I have to much entries in there…

Now I have to open IP8 and click at least on 3 buttons until I finally get to the search tab. Why is there no search option on the start screen??

Any why is the new search tab always empty at first? It was super useful to have first all entries and then narrow down by searching??

Also why did you remove the search bar in every window? This was the most useful feature. Now I have to scroll through hundred of entires which destroyed the whole usability experience

I directly went back to IP7.

BR Christian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• mrZeld
    mrZeld
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    Search needs to be fixed ASAP!! Product is pretty useless if you can’t find entries using search. Honestly, that was the whole point of a password app, so you don’t have to remember all this stuff. But if you can’t search, then what is the point?

• sylvainbuyer
    sylvainbuyer
    Community Member
    Options

test

• sylvainbuyer
    sylvainbuyer
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 8 Search
    The search is missing old functionality what was Great to use.
    The two features missing are :
    1) The search bar of the top of the screen. Some apps even hide the bar by default but it can be shown by swipping down.
    2) The alphabet letters to the right side of a list. This allowed fast navigation thru the list and does not cost much on the screen estate.
    Can't wait to see them back in the App Very Soon!
    Yours

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, search usability is not good yet. The design of the Home Screen and customizability is nice but search should be available on the Home Screen. Add it as an option if you don’t make it default but I myself open 1P to search immediately. Search should be front and foremost.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Couldn't agree more. The search field should always be visible.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

Only being able to search on a dedicated tab that typically isn’t visible is a usability fail. We should be able to search from any screen in the app and it should filter based on that selected view as before.

• CRWM
    CRWM
    Community Member
    Options

Completely agree with all of the above. Not having the search bar on every tab is terrible as it makes absolutely no sense to click on a Category or Vault but not be able to search once doing so?
    Also why not give us the option to add the Search bar on the Home Screen, even though you let us customize & add other modules on the Home Screen?
    Please fix this asap by adding Search to every tab / section like it was in 1PW7.
    If you want to make this optional for anyone who may want to turn it off, that’s fine. But please at least give us the option to decide. As otherwise it is not usable without the search bar everywhere and I will be going back to 1PW7 until this is fixed.
    Thank you

• deej
    deej
    Community Member
    Options

I am certainly missing this also in the iphone app: The alphabet letters to the right side of a list. This allowed fast navigation thru the list and does not cost much on the screen estate.
    When you have hundreds of items and don't remember exactly what you titled something, this just gets you there much sooner. Now you have to scroll down through all your items. Not good. Please bring this capability back.

• mlooss
    mlooss
    Community Member
    Options

I like to add my vote to bring back the 1P7 search feature; looking up anything now takes much more time.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, UI/usability clearly is a big step back. Searching for search, categories hidden well, all very inconvenient to use :(

• frlerh
    frlerh
    Community Member
    Options

I have installed versions 8 of 1Password for IOS both on my iPhone and on my iPad, the most up-to-date applications are not bad but I did not like that the "search" option is in another icon, I think it would be better for us to have this field in the upper part of the screen as in version 7, it was more comfortable and faster, it is an opinion and suggestion based on the experience I have had with version 7. I have observed that in version 8 for Mac you have left it on top , as it was before.

• ich
    ich
    Community Member
    Options

Couldn’t agree more. To be honest… version 8 doesn’t even feel like an upgrade but a revamped and butchered v.7

• fdavis99
    fdavis99
    Community Member
    Options

++Search on every tab! Best part of v7, worst loss in v8.

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    Options

++ Fully agree

• CRWM
    CRWM
    Community Member
    Options

+100 please bring back search on every tab

• 👍 I've let the team know this is important.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot!!!

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I agree with the general usability concern, but it’s worth noting that if you are using an iPad in landscape mode, search is present in the left hand navigation pane (which can be left i.e. remain on the screen in landscape mode).

• You're welcome.

ref: IDEA-I-1691

• kdipietro
    kdipietro
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this thread from me as well! I really think the search bar should be available on the Home Screen at least. Would Love to see this feature added.

• bigchief71
    bigchief71
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

+1 - Agree with all of the above, especially bringing back the 'quick scroll' alphabet letters along the right side of the screen. I use those all the time. Looks like I'll be sticking with 1Password 7 until this stuff is fixed.

This discussion has been closed.