Autofil chrome does not work

Options
eldijomo
eldijomo
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Android

I upgraded my 7 to 8 and now I do not get autofil to work. No site gets login fill, no button shows to fill login and password.

Android 11, latest chrome
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

HELP!

Comments

• ErikHendrik
    ErikHendrik
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Me too... 😐 It does not work on Firefox either.

• oemich
    oemich
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I faced a similar issue... 1Password auto fill only appeared once I opened 1password and navigated back to chrome (exactly once).

After resetting the Cache and freeing up all storage space of the Chrome app it now works like expected and I see an every login screen the 1Password auto fill.

Maybe this also helps you.

• Hello @eldijomo and @ErikHendrik, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about the Autofill issues!

Eldijomo as you mentioned using a Xiaomi device, you may need to turn Display pop-up windows on. ErikHendrik, if you are as well please try the same steps. You can enable that setting with these steps:
    1. Open your device settings.
    1. Tap Apps > Manage apps > 1Password 8 > Other permissions.
    1. Tap "Display pop-up windows while running in the background" on.

If you're not using a Xiaomi device or 1Password is not offering to Autofill after turning Display pop-up windows on, let me know which keyboard and browser you're using as well as a few of the websites where you've seen this behavior.

@oemich, thanks for letting us know this worked for you!

• elsif1
    elsif1
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

This is happening to me as well. It happened with 7 as well, but less consistently. 8 is basically requiring me to go home and then switch back to the app in order for the gboard auto fill suggestions to appear. Otherwise, I only see this

I'm using an S22 Ultra, Chrome, and Gboard along with 1password 8.

• elsif1
    elsif1
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to happen every single time, fwiw. I have to hit home and return to the app to get the auto fill suggestions to appear. They only appear once, mind you. Next time I need 1password, I'll need to repeat the process.

• Hi @elsif1, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. We've heard some reports similar to this and our development team is investigating. Does the prompt appear more consistently if you have Show filling suggestions off under Settings > Security? If you switch to Firefox or DuckDuckGo does the prompt appear more consistently?

• elsif1
    elsif1
    Community Member
    Options

Turning suggestions off doesn't help, but you're on to something with the browser. DuckDuckGo seemed to work every time

• Thanks for letting us know that has been the case for you @elsif1. I'll be sure to pass that along to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#16458

This discussion has been closed.