1Password's Form Fields Login Pop-Up is Blocked by Google Chrome's Pop-Up

Options
kstenson
kstenson
Community Member

I use 1Password as my main password repository, but sometimes I find it helpful to have Google Chrome remember my Passwords. That said, When I visit a site and click in a "username / email" or "password" field, both 1Password and Google Chrome have pop-ups that you can click to use saved login credentials.

Unfortunately, Google Chrome's pop-up always blocks or overlays 1Password's pop-up, hiding the info it would show (screenshot included).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Form Fields Blocked by 1Password Overlay

Comments

• Hi @kstenson,

Thanks for pointing this out. I recommend disabling Chrome's built in password manager, but if you'd like to share I would love to better understand the circumstances where you find it useful. Maybe there's something I can suggest in 1Password that can help, or we can file a feature request together! 🙂

• kstenson
    kstenson
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I find it useful also to have Chrome remember my passwords—sometimes Chrome has a password saved that's more current than 1Password. Regardless, I think both the 1Password & Chrome password overlay should be smaller and positioned above the field or to the side.

• Thanks for the reply, @kstenson!

Based on the use case you described I'd still recommend disabling Chrome's password manager and only using the 1Password browser extension. This way all your passwords will be in one place and you won't have to wonder which version is the most up to date because they'll only need to be updated in one location. I'll attach some information about features you might find useful as well as a guide to migrate your information in Chrome safely over to 1Password:

Let me know how this works for you or if you have any questions. 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.