Comments

• Logisan
    Logisan
    Community Member

I have this same problem.

• CaptainJD
    CaptainJD
    Community Member

I have iPhone13 Pro and Face ID works but there is an intermittent issue which might be related to your issue.

Check your phone iOS settings > Face ID & Passcode > Other Apps. Check 1Password is enabled.

• CaptainJD
    CaptainJD
    Community Member

FYI.. doing a force reset of the phone clears the issue temporarily.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

• Hi @CaptainJD:

I was able to locate your message. We'll take a look and be in touch soon!

Jack

ref: IPF-81715-814

• Boichat
    Boichat
    Community Member

HI, tried the force reset as requested but made no difference - Face ID still broken for me in 1password.

• KevinXu
    KevinXu
    Community Member

Same issue with 1Password 8 on iOS 16 beta iPhone 13 Pro Max for a long time

• kyswisher
    kyswisher
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay in getting you the diagnostic report. I had assumed that I'd receive email notifications when this post received a response. The diagnostic report has now been sent.

• Hi @KevinXu / @Boichat:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Hi @kyswisher:

Thanks for letting us know, I was able to locate your message, so we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

ref: JNH-22955-294

@notMyUserName:

To confirm, are you having trouble with Face ID with 1Password 7 or 1Password 8? We're investigating an issue with 1Password 8, but that doesn't affect 1Password 7. Let me know, and I can take a closer look.

@sloerte:

Thanks for sharing some more specifics. Can you please follow the steps I shared above to send a diagnostics report mentioning your username here on the community in the email?

Jack

• notMyUserName
    notMyUserName
    Community Member

Yes. 1Password 7. The problem I am having seems to be the same problem discussed in this thread so rather than start a new one I posted here (sorry if it was the wrong place).

Last night when I went to log in to something 1Password 7 has stopped using Face ID to login, only presenting the Master Password login. Not that Face ID wasn't working, it just wasn't there at all. Just no Face ID. This was true regardless of how I tried to use 1Password - stand alone or through a web browser. It had been working the day before. The only thing that changed over that time was that I installed iOS 15.6.1 the night before. Face ID is working correctly with everything else I expect it to work with and is turned on for 1Password. I haven't tried un/re-installing 1Password 7 but plan to do so later this afternoon when I have a minute.

• Hi @notMyUserName:

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a 1Password 7 diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sloerte
    sloerte
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Done, thanks Jack

Edit: here’s the ticket number [#KKR-39995-891]

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

Thanks Boichat

ref: RNS-58442-421

• notMyUserName
    notMyUserName
    Community Member

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post in time and un/re-installed 1Password 7 last night. If it helps at all, doing that did fix the problem and Face ID is back and working correctly in 1Password 7 after the reinstall. Also, if it helps, I'd be glad to send a current log or if there is a way to send an old one from before I reinstalled I'd be glad to do that.

• hellogoodbye
    hellogoodbye
    Community Member

Hi, I am also having this issue and would like to know when a fix will be released. I have emailed support with my diagnostics data as well as my username and this forum link.

• mikiwa
    mikiwa
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Hello, I'm also having this issue although mine happens consistently every time (not randomly). Posted this on different thread but posting here as well to make sure I get notified when fixed. Thank you.

• Hi @hellogoodbye / @mikiwa:

We're still actively investigating this, but don't have anything to share just yet. Thanks for your patience!

Jack

ref: NDG-16122-436

• woodyg
    woodyg
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

*Edit: this post was meant for the ios forum where I've reposted.

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I'm having the same issue as most others here. 1pass 8 fails to open with Face ID. Instead I get the prompt: "you need to enter your account pass before you can use Face ID." I've reset Face ID, shut down the phone, deleted and reinstalled 1pass. Face ID works as it should in other apps. Running 15.6.1 and your latest version.

• woodyg
    woodyg
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I'm having the same issue as most others here. 1pass 8 fails to open with Face ID. Instead I get the prompt: "you need to enter your account pass before you can use Face ID." I've reset Face ID, shut down the phone, deleted and reinstalled 1pass. Face ID works as it should in other apps. Running 15.6.1 and your latest version.

I sent in a diagnostic report on 8/25 and never heard back just an autoreply. I followed your instructions except for adding my username here since I didn't actually post to this thread.

In addition I'm having difficulty with password autofill. I can't get the app to insert credentials either on safari or apps. I followed the various instructions on your site and the problem remains. I hadn't had these two issues using 7. Please review my email. Without these two functions working I'm avoiding the app as much as I can. It's been frustrating.

• Hi @woodyg:

Thanks for following up. It looks like my colleague Jac has just replied to your email, so continuing the conversation there would be best.

Jack

ref: ZXW-14363-193

• efac
    efac
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hi, I also have this same issue! It failed to login with FaceID even though the animation of the faceID showed the Checkmark "success". Instead It said "That didn't work, check your password and try again" and I need to type my master password manually and it's very frustrating.

Diagnostic sent
    [#CTU-15183-596]

• GampPie
    GampPie
    Community Member

Hi @""Jack.P_1P"

I’m having the same issue like @woodyg described

• GampPie
    GampPie
    Community Member

I forgotten to say the problem is on my iPad Pro running 15.6.1 and no problème with ma iPhone 12 running 15.6.1

• alexis13
    alexis13
    Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1Password 8.
    Now every time I am in an app on my iPhone 13 (running 15.6.1) and I tap 'passwords' to go to 1Password, this simple, beautiful, seamless functionality of opening 1Password with FaceID does not work.
    It says 'You need to enter your account password before you can use FaceID'. This I have done over, and over again.
    Plus I have switched FaceID on and off, and turned the phone on and off, many times and still it is stuck.
    FaceID is
    1. enabled in Settings, under 'FaceID';
    2. on in Settings under '1Password';
    3. on in the 1Password app under 'Security'.
    What is to be done here? Hella frustrating.
    Thank you...

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:FaceID not working

• Hi @GampPie / @rharley:

Thanks for following up. We're still investigating, but I don't have anything to further to share just yet.

Jack

• Hi @rharley:

That is exactly what we're investigating. Please stay tuned for updates.

Jack

• hevak
    hevak
    Community Member

I reset all settings on my iPhone and now in 1Password 8 every time I open it I’m told I need to enter a password before FaceID will work. I’ve already tried toggling the FaceID setting in 1Password, but that hasn’t worked.

This discussion has been closed.