After upgrade all accounts don't get unlocked with primary account password

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

I have 2 accounts connected to my app - my personal and my company account.
I use the settings for auto-locking the app.
While I was using v7 of 1P, when unlocking the app with my primary account password, all accounts would get unlocked and "All Accounts" was selected in the left-hand menu, as I had chosen.
Now, after I upgraded to v8, once the app auto-locks, and then I unlock with my primary acc password, my company account remains locked.
This is a major UX inconvenience, since I have to always unlock 2 different accounts separately. I use them interchangeably throughout the day.
Is there a setting that would make for both accounts getting unlocked with my primary password? Cuz I could not find anything related to this in Settings.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.5
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Welcome to the 1Password Support Community @gvko!

I can absolutely understand not wanting to unlock each account individually every time your 1Password app locks. I recommend using the same account password for both of your 1Password accounts: How to use multiple accounts

Let me know how this works for you or if you have any questions. 🙂

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @andrew.l_1P .
    I spoke with support directly. I downgraded back to v7 and am waiting for the feature to be rolled out to be able to unlock both accounts with a single password input.

This discussion has been closed.