DS Logon Problem with autofill

Options
CGDaveMac
CGDaveMac
Community Member

1Password is not working for DoD DS Logon. I searched and found an old topic here from 2014, but the resolution was to tab into or select the field and then it would work. Also, the auto-submit options mentioned there are not available in 1Password 8.

Per that topic, for awhile it would only fill in one field. It would look like the password field was empty, but once the field is selected, it the password box fills in with dots. After doing this and then clicking login, it would actually work.

The new problem started happening a few months ago... 1Password will autofill both the username, and fill in the password when the password field is selected, but when selecting login there is an error "Error Code [11]: The DS Logon username or password you entered is incorrect. Did you forget your username? Did you forget your password?" I have reset my password a few times thinking that there was something wrong, but then I realized that the autofill was still broken. The only way to successfully login is to copy and paste the password from 1Password.

Not sure if it was something that changed on the DS Logon website or with a 1Password software update, but it is now happening on the Mac and iPhone, using both extensions or native iOS password fill. (So I am thinking it's server side.)

Is there a way to disable autofill? I think that would avoid the problem of the appearance of the the password filling in properly, when it actually is not.

https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/authenticate.do?execution=e3s1

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• CGDaveMac
    CGDaveMac
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I figured out what is going on. Apparently if you copy/paste into the password boxes, it limits the characters to 20 max and cuts off the excess. However, this does not happen with the autofill, so if you generated a password in 1Password that's longer than 20, then the entered password is wrong.

• Hi @CGDaveMac:

I'm glad to hear you were able to get things sorted out.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.