Unable to select account in 1Password 8 (regression from 7)

Options
neddy
neddy
Community Member

After upgrading to 1Password 8 I notice that I am unable to select accounts from the left-hand menu, but rather only vaults. I have 8 1Password accounts (that's 8 separate accounts, not 1Password 8), so this is inconvenient and a step backwards as I may not always know which vault something is in, but I know which account it will be under. Are there plans to add back this functionality to 1Password 8?

1Password Version: 8.9.4-12.Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Macos 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @neddy,

If you click your account name in the top left of the 1Password 8 Mac app, you'll see a dropdown menu where you can select and manage your accounts and collections:

If you don't see any other accounts, click Manage Accounts... to open a window where you can add your other accounts.

I personally find collections incredibly useful when working with multiple accounts, so I encourage you to check them out if you haven't already: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Perfect! Thank you! I was just trying to do it as I had in 1Password 7...

The collections look like a great feature, I will definitely check these out too.

• @neddy,

Happy to help! Enjoy exploring collections and you know where to find us if anything comes up. 😁

This discussion has been closed.