1PAssword 8 - Terrible Search experience

Options
chaoskcw
chaoskcw
Community Member

Hi

Is there a way to enable the list filter search from before ? The overlay popup search is entirely useless. I also miss features like the sorting by freq of access.

The search now is terrible. I make use of the filtering of the list in 1password 7 and I have many groups of passwords and notes and need them to all come up. This idea that you would select from a pop screen only 1 item, which will show in a list in some random place which isn't sorted in any useful order etc... is entirely unpleasant experience.

I really need the filter list option back. What would make you think this is somehow more useable?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• chaoskcw
    chaoskcw
    Community Member
    Options

In addition where is the freq of access/use sort options gone? The freq of use is a key part of my workflow.

• chaoskcw
    chaoskcw
    Community Member
    Options

So 8.7.3 introduces the sort by freq options, but only on the list view. When the list is filtered, with cmd+enter, the new annoying workflow, the search results are not sorted as per the list sort presences.

Please sort the filtered list (search results) by the list sorting preferences.

Also add an option in preferences to directly filter (as per previous versions) and not show the single search results.

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this. Just updated from 1P7, and really miss the old search/filter behavior. I'm on a few teams so I'm searching all the time, and this is really slowing me down.

• Tbanger9
    Tbanger9
    Community Member
    Options

I came looking to 'give feedback' on 1P8... and it wasn't going to be +ve .... I'm surprised by the look and feel of 1P8... I went back to ver 7 for a while ... and have come back to 1P8 after persistent 'update' notifications.. (annoying).... so, again after a couple of months... it still 'stinks'!!!... but, it appears no one wants to hear such 'negativity'... I tell you what... I don't want 'live' with such a bad experience, when I pay a subscription fee ... I 'thought' the 1P8 would have lifted its game by now?... It's still terrible... back to ver 7 for me.....

I agree that the 'search' functions are terrible in 1P8... I'm on a Teams account and the default is "All Accounts".. and that sux... but try managing 'collections'.... "don't fix it, if it isn't broken"...

• dthom
    dthom
    Community Member
    Options

I can only agree to that. Where 1P7 offered a really very convenient search workflow it's extremely complicated now in 1P8, to a point where I have no clue how to get to the search results that I need. I can't imagine that any user feedback prior to release was positive, why did you change the old logic and more importantly how / when will you return to the old logic?

• jbedard
    jbedard
    Community Member
    Options

1P8 search/filter functions are awful. Please fix it!!

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1PW since version 1 and following the forum discussion almost as long. I've never seen complaints about search until version 8 was released.
    I haven't seen a single comment by an AgileBits team member trying to explain the reason for the radical UI/UX change in the so called next gen search.
    The workflow changes don't help as they are just major obstacles. I don't want to see a part of my search results in popup window filtered by relevance. This might be a good choice for a shopping site but not a password manager. The extra shortcut needed to show all results isn't needed. Just stick to UI that worked perfectly fine for so many years.

The well hidden find feature is far superior but its placement feels just completely out of place. Either bring back the UI used by all previous 1PW versions or give us an opition to replace search by find with find beeing the default and beeing placed at the same position that the awfull search occupies.

• hezor
    hezor
    Community Member
    Options

Yup 1Password 8 is an awful product. Let's see how long we are able to use 1P7. It's so tedious to migrate to another password manager.

• walkingplaces
    walkingplaces
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed that 1P8 is a big step back - 1Pmini has lost all of it's functionality - you can't even create a new password on the fly without opening the main App.

It's introduced so many additional steps to doing the basics of what 1P7 did well.

This discussion has been closed.