Found brilliant new Password Manager: 1Password 7 It's amazing

Options
walkingplaces
walkingplaces
Community Member

I'm so pleased that I found it.

After having tried 1Password 8 and found it completely unintuitive with 1PMini completely broken, I found this awesome App called 1Password 7.

It's amazing, and so much better than 1Password 8.

The design is nice, the interface works, and everything you need is at your finger tips.

I'd really recommend it to everyone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a guide somewhere to help with downgrading back to 7? I've decided I no longer want to participate in the UAT testing of 8 that is happening with the production release. 8 barely meets my expectations functionally, and all the bugs mean the functionality it has is not fully developed.

I'll wait a year or so to see how it matures. If 8 does not meet my needs I will move on when my current term ends.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe 1Password 9 will be usable again but until this happens I will continue to use 1Password 7. Version 8 will be only used on my macOS beta test installation but not for production use.

• walkingplaces
    walkingplaces
    Community Member
    Options

@pinecone 1Password7 is still available on the Mac App Store at the moment if that's helpful.

@dteare I've used 1Password since v3. It's consistently got better till v8 which is causing problems for so many of us. Please seriously consider whether the design choices that have been taken are wise - I don't spend my time on forums - I have more important things to do - But with this - I'm just so frustrated that something that has become part of my day to day workflow (and the app that I've got so many people to buy) has become so unintuitive and taken so many backwards steps.

Even if you keep your new UI design - please bring back the functionality of 1Password Mini - otherwise I won't be extending my subscription when it comes round to renewal.

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member
    Options

@walkingplaces Thanks for that.

Do I just uninstall 8, then install 7 & sign in? Is it that simple to get back to what works?

• walkingplaces
    walkingplaces
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I would:

• Go to safari and uninstall the browser extension
    • Quit safari
    • delete 8 from applications (your account will still be linked in ~/Library)
    • Install 7 from the App Store
    • you can now open safari and if necessary turn on the 1Password extension in safari prefs

Don’t install 1Password browser extension standalone in the App Store there’s a version integrated in 1P7

That’s what I’ve done and you should be good to go.

• juanmirocks
    juanmirocks
    Community Member
    Options

For the record, 1Password 7 is also available to be installed via homebrew:

brew info 1password7
    ==> 1password7: 7.9.6 (auto_updates)
    https://1password.com/

• FixOfflineVaults
    FixOfflineVaults
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone confirm that this still works on OS X Ventura (Beta)? I'm getting a quick flash of the 1Password window when I submit forms, but the plugin icon and the form filling isn't working. Not sure if the issue is browser, 1Password, MacOS, or what. 1Password mini shows up in my clock bar, but clicking it does nothing unless the main 1Password window is in the foreground. I've had the new plugin, classic plugin, 1Password 7 from app store, and from website, and 1Password 8 all installed at various times, and although I think I've cleanly removed everything, I can no longer be certain that the buggy behavior isn't from some residual install or if it just doesn't work for anyone on Ventura.

• metta
    metta
    Community Member
    Options

@walkingplaces. the flow from v3.8 through to v7 has seen well though out improvements along the way. The developers have lost the plot completely with v8. Default save feature on my desktop is the shared vault "hey folks come and see my latest login details" - so counterintuitive for a security app

• walkingplaces
    walkingplaces
    Community Member
    Options

@FixOfflineVaults sorry - I have gone back to 7 and won't touch 8 unless @dteare and team backtrack and actually listen to their customers.

Ref Venture, I don't have the time to play with it yet, but when I upgrade I can let you know if 7 still works. If it doesn't then (@dteare) I'll stop my 1Password subscription and move everything across to another password manager.

@metta - agreed - 1Password was doing so well - but is completely broken in 8. I've had to downgrade my whole family and colleagues at work because they can't understand 1P8's interface

• FixOfflineVaults
    FixOfflineVaults
    Community Member
    Options

Well, Ventura is out of Beta and 7 is completely broken for me. What a hassle. How did we go from a clean app that simplifies my daily workflow, to being way more trouble than it's worth. I wish they'd take the L on 1P8 and get 1P7 (INCLUDING OFFLINE VAULTS) back to where it was. Why do I give these people any money...

This discussion has been closed.